Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocoa beach Report
Flats Report for the Banana River<br>6/8/2002 Flats fishing report for the Indian and Banana Rivers. By Capt Doug Blanton<br>Fishing has been great this past week. With all the rain we have had over the past few weeks the water temperature has come down and the top water feed is on. All of the trout and reds we have caught this week have been on top water! So, if you are a top water nut like me, get out there now and catch a memory.<br>Redfish<br>All of the reds we have caught this week have been in 1 to 2 feet of water. The reds have been holding near schools of mullet on the inside edge of the flats. Unlike earlier this year when the reds were schooling with the bait, they are now busting any mullet that swims a little to close. We have had our best luck this week on the 3 1/4 inch Florida Special Rip Roller. We have been working these top water plugs slowly a few feet in front of the reds with great results. Keep in mind the the water has been flat and clear. Try to cast as far as possible from the boat, keep movement to a minimum and be very quite. These fish have been a little spooky. <br>Trout<br>Great news, the larger trout have been on the flats and hungry for top water plugs. Most of the trout we have put in the boat this week have been between 15 to 30 inches. We haven't found any of the 30 + inche fish yet this year but I feel it is only going to be a few days now till we land a gator. It ways in June last year that we put 6 trout over 30 with one 37 inch gator gator in the boat. All of the trout we caught this past week were one again caught on the 3 1/4 inch Florida Special Rip Roller. Most of our trout were caught in 2 to 3 feet of water on the outer edge of the flats.<br>Till next time, Capt. Doug<br><br>No-motor Zone<br>6/25/2002 report by Craig Redwine<br>As of 6-25-02 well our patience has paid off despite constant downpours the fishing has been excellent the Redfish have been schooled up and taking most baits. Sunday I fished alone and caught plenty of Redfish, 3 were over 40 inches and caught my first red on fly. Snook, Trout, Jacks and Ladyfish are all abundant keeping the excitement up and the drags screaming. So in a nutshell if your willing to put on the raingear and brave the weather the rewards are worth the pruned fingers.<br><br><br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470