Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where'd the Permit & Tarpon Go? Mostly Snapper, Spanish: Bonita Beach, FL Fishbuster Dave
[cool][font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]I fished with Greg & Lynn Tombridge Thursday, at May Reef and the DGH Reef off Bonita Beach. We caught seven keeper mangrove snapper to 14 inches, and Spanish mackerel. We used mostly live shrimp, but used small greenback shiners for the larger snapper.

Bill & Terry Major decided to hunt for tarpon with me Friday. We tried several spots around the reefs and off of Sanibel, but spotted no tarpon. We headed to the barge, hoping to find some permit, but none of those around either. Other than bottom-fish, we did not see or catch much.[/size][/font][font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]

John Kirby and father-in-law, Dave, fished Estero Bay with me Saturday, on a catch & release trip. We released small snook and keeper-sized mangrove snapper, as well a fifteen pound stingray.[/size][/font]

The photo attached is the last of the 6 permit we caught during the month of June. For full info and fish photo-album, please visit [url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][#0000ff]www.fishbustercharters.com[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]