Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BILL DANCE VS. ROLAND MARTIN
[font "BaaBookHmkBold"][size 5]WHO DO YOU LIKE BETTER FOR A TV SHOW :[/size][/font] [center][font "BaaBookHmkBold"][size 6] [red][size 5]BILL DANCE OR ROLAND MARTIN[/size][/red][/size][/font][/center]
[signature]
Who's Roland Martin? Never heard of the dude.
[signature]
I will have to go with Roland Martin. He's been at it a few years longer than Billy.
[signature]
Sure ya have,, dont ya remember Roland and Martin's Laugh-in,, LOL![Wink]
[signature]
Bill Dance is the Man.I'd have no problem fishing all day with him.Charle Moore wouldn't last past the ramp.
[signature]
Is that ROTFL (Roland On The Floor Laughing)?
[signature]
Thats about the long and short of it huh? [Wink]
[signature]

Hi there Bassmaster-ND

Each guy as his good points.... some right at the top of their heads.[Wink]

I like Roland because he seems more at home in both salt and freshwater.

I thought Bill's Dancin' Lessons were pretty cool.

Dannys schoolin' is OK but a bit over done.

Dan H's show is mostly camera pointed at fish being fought and gaffed. Like the cooking segiment though.

Charles gruff manner in his saltwater programs is a bit all too much business

Charlie Moore ......

Shaw Grigsby is pretty good.

George Pop...... is good for a near shore saltwater program.

Laughing Boy is OK (as in Okie) if he would stop fishing those small private ponds for his shows.

Jose is always interesting for the saltwater angler.

Babe doesn't do much for me as he's up north.

Al is somewhere on another planet but I like him.

Hank is pretty down home

I like the old time films shown (the guy with the 50's flatop) by by by... his name escapes me at the moment.

That's my vote.

JapanRon
[signature]
I'd have to go with Bill Dance. Even though he never really has to try hard to find fish because he always fishes private lakes that already have bass up the @^$[Wink][Wink]. Roland Martin is too much of an advertising show than anything. Every 3rd word out of his mouth he's advertising that is unless he has a fish on and is repeating every word he says 3 times[Wink].
[signature]
Bill Dance all the way. I know he fishes alot of private stocked lakes but he leans more towards the scietific aspect of fishing and tells you why the fish do what they do.
[signature]
Okay, if I must choose one, I choose Al Lindner. Dunno why. There's just something about him that I connect with.
[signature]
I'll go with Bill Dance the bloopers at the end of the shows now I can relate to them.
[signature]
now this is a good one, i dont really git into who is who, only whats bein caught and where there fishin. and sometimes what there usin. all the other bull that goes along with it is worthless. to me. haha now, ya got one that falls down and in the drink alot, ya got one that kisses fish, yuck, and the last thing i,d kis is a scummy green fish. haha or any fish. haha ya got those that are know it all,s ya got em that have eago,s as big as a baseball field, and their antics, and those that preach the sunday sermon to ya, haha and push there stuff on ya, that there,s is the only one, i like to decide my choices, tell me once that,s enough, haha well i like the fishin part of it, what there catchin, where, the scenery, is most the times are beautiful, the nature parts of it and the good size fish and watchin em havin fun reelin em in, all the rest is a buch of advertisin gimmics and money makein profits. and actin, fer the camara, dont git me wrong, i know they got to advertize, but put a limit on it., fer god sake, ya can overadvertize, gits sickenin, and i,m not one to have somethin pushed on me to buy, that,s where the over advertizin comes in. --- enough is enough, i like the huntin shows too fer the same reasons. other than that why dont they just try to be them selves.
[signature]
[url "http://javascript:%20addTag(':(')/"][:(][/url][#005000]You guys are lucky to be able to watch those shows. I have Adelphia cable and since they change their line up I only receive but a few fishing show which are on early Sunday morning. But Adelphia said that I have more choices now. Duh I don't speak Spanish or Korean. Oh yea I like Bill Dance. He maybe a couple of bricks short of a full load but thats okay with me.[/#005000]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5697;]
[signature]
haha good one, well i got the outdoor channel durin the mornin, the weekend there one that does salmon and trout fishin i like, but it,s fly fishin, granted i love the senery and the guys dont put on fer the camara so that cool, but i like anglin myself, it,s a good showl and i dont git any other that does trout and salmon but them so thats cool. out to the house we didnt git none of em cause we didnt hve cable. just 2 channels. one 31 and 41. 41 was a educational channel. and had some national geographic on it which i liked other than that i didnt watch tv. i had my animals to keep me busy and company. which took up my time and campin and fhishin. i was out instead of watchin tv. i had my hole mountain which was better than any tv. haha and i was livin it not watchin someone else doin it. haha later
[signature]
[Image: i.p.emthup.gif][Image: i.p.emthup.gif] don't watch either very much, but I'll give two thumbs up to Bill....I too like the bloopers [Image: i.p.emwink.gif]
[signature]
My choice is neither of them !! I like In-Fisherman shows that show how to catch different speices of fish , not just one !! They have several different people that are on the program , fishing the fish they know the most about !! They don't just show them catching fish , but uses diagrams on how their catching them ( their teaching you ) So if you like to watch a person catch 30 bass that weigh 2 lbs each ( they all look the same ) so be it , but I rather watch a show that has multi speices of fish , not just one !!! Don't get me wrong , a good bass segment is quite enjoyable , but not bass every week !!!

>
[signature]
You have a valid point there. Day after day, bass after bass, guess who's on the sport channel??? Ha ha. I'm still waiting for those clowns to hook into a real bass. Not just ones that someone seasoned up for them and left them easy pickings.

Something like this 10lb would be nice!!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5031;]
[signature]
hey I resemble that remark....LOL

dont ya just love them under water shots... like realy man, they have to send down a diver to locate fish for them so the anglers know where to cast and just exactly how deep to cast it and can dance their lures around underwater structure...[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

I have been fishing for years and boys and girls and beleive me or ask your grandpa if ya's dont this just is not how it is. Its a great show and I love seeing the fish hook up but it just dont work that way....[url "javascript: addTag('crazy')"][crazy][/url]

truth is all them underwater film shots are taken in giant mobile fish tanks. many of the bass pro shops have smaller versions in their stores. with one side painted top open for casting about 6-7 feet wide, they are about as long as a semi trailer. I was at a bass pro shop one day when there was a film crew there shooting footage of one of the pro's giving a demistration. then later they can edited in the footage to their show to make it look good. (cinama secreats)[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]

oh by the way Steve nice hog... did you put your name on him and put him back to bed with a bed time story of fat juicy minnows dancing with wriggly night crawlers?[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]
[signature]