Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Muskie
[black][size 1]Hey there Bassmaster-ND,[/size][/black]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Heard about some big ol' Tiger Muskie in your neck of the woods. Spring or Fall, which months are best for targeting these guys. They would be a blast with a 9wt fly swatter and some of the new single strand, no-....... uh.. less-kink leaders on the market now. If I fished 'em I guess I may have to ask Dryrod how to tie an artificial beaver to tempt the big 'uns.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]JapanRon[/size]
[signature]
Hey there JapanRon[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url], Thanks for dropping by.

We have some good size muskie in north dakota if you can hook into one. The top tiger muskie destinations are New John's Lake and Sweetbriar Dam. You dont hear too much about muskie being caught but you if do catch one it's probably going to be well over 10 pounds.

The best times to catch them are in April and May in the spring and in September and October in the fall.

Here's the new state record tiger muskie that was caught last year at New Johns on six pound line. It was 46 pounds and 53 inches long.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2444;]

Punkbass also caught one over 10 pounds at sweetbriar this year. He'll have to tell you about it.
[signature]
Yes I did catch one just over 10 1/2 lbs. this summer. it was my first one, they sure put up a fight. I was just using a spinnerbait fishing for bass and ran into that hawg.

I will make sure to get that picture up soon. It was just to bad i didnt have my ruler, I wasn't planning on catching any muskie. [Sad]
[signature]