Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan State Park Sticker Wow's
hey dave , the dnr lady that made me buy the boat site 1 day acess pass at the AU SABLE PIERHEAD said there are about 30 different stickers altogether . toss in the different county parks stickers and city sticker and , well ....
now correct me if i'm wrong , but wouldn't we end up with a lot of heafty ticket from the law if we had that many stickers on our windsheilds ? i can drive backwards but PUSHING that camper or boat trailer would tend to be kinda trickey , LOL !
[signature]
"Michigan State Park Sticker Confusion" sounds like a good artical for the michigan board and your local tv news & paper.

I sure would like to have a break down of all the different state park anual passes.

did you have an anual state park pass when you went to the peir?
[signature]
yes , got it for christmass as a gift .
the lady started naming off a few of them but i was a little ticked off at the time . you can walk in , ride a bike in , scateboard in to the pier - but use it for fishing and ya' gotta pay ?
i do remember saying there were refuge area stickers , some kind of "port or portage" stickers , marshland stickers and a few others .
i'm sure it all has to do with legal definitions of an area , one isn't the same as another so they can get away with sticking it (lol )to the general population in the pocket book .
now i can see being charged if i was pulling a boat with me , but after all there is a public launch there , and the pier , both built from our fishing license fees as stated on their billboard .
it just dosen't seem right for the fisherman to be forced to pay the boatramp fees when he's fishing from the pier he's already funded .
[signature]
what is the name of the park, I will check to see if it is on my list for my second sticker...
[signature]
i'm not sure , it's located at the rivers mouth . au sable .
so i guess during the steelhead run i'll need the regular sticker , the boatlaunch sticker , and a sticker to park the jeep at places like the whirlpool and the dams.
what they need is a sticker that covers all the stickers , but that makes too much sence , after all it started with just one sticker and now look what's happining .
[signature]
I think you are asking somthing imposible. remember our govener is a dizzy blond....[url "javascript: addTag('pirate')"][pirate][/url]
[signature]
I stopped and talked to one of my old park manager budds and I asked about the vehicle stickers.

apperently if you have the two stickers (1. boat launch sticker 2. regular state park sitcker) the rest dont realy apply. there are camping sticker and various daily stickers depending on where you are from and what you drive.

I did see if you buy a bus the yearly sticker price is only 15 smakers. or is that 15 for the day? I think it is for the year.

so what it comes down to is if you visite a boat launch that is watched you need the driver's side sticker, and if you visit the boat launch that isnt watch you need the passenger's side sticker, this one also gets you in to regular park picknic areas where as the drivers side sticker dosnt.

hope this clears the air..

I have the list of those launches that need the drivers side sticker and I will post it here shortly. any thing not on the list needs the pasinger side sticker.
[signature]
seer if it has a date for the 2005 stickers sales to start .
[signature]
Hey Lonehunter:
just checking to see if you received my pm??
Lots of problems with my computer as of late.
[signature]
Yep , i recived it . i've been sharing the computer at home myself , and know the fustration a sudden crash brings on .
it will soon be on it's way .
i'm going to try tippy this weekend , has anything started up in your area ? screaming reels are fun !
[signature]