Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report (7-22-04)
Fised strawberry from 7:00am-4:00pm. Started out trolling for the first couple hours with very little luck. The fish where down 30'-35' and I was'nt prepared to troll that deep plus there is weeds floating all through the lake that made trolling that much more difficult. We marked large numbers of fish in a couple different areas so we anchored over the top of them and droped tube jiggs down to them. It was fast fishing landed over 35 cutts.
[signature]
That's gotta be better than work..all ways gotta have a back up plan aye mike..most of us would of just kept trollen and hoped for the best..guess We better get up there and see if we can boat some of those cuts...

Skipper
CARP'T
[signature]
MGB-
Just wondering how you fished the tube jigs... Did you vertically jig them or cast them out and slowly retrieve them, or bounce them off the bottom??? What part of the lake were you in and how deep were the areas you found the fish? Thanks for the info. Hoping to get up there in the next 2 weeks.

Bigcat
[signature]
We mostly vertical jigged them. We would also cast them out and pop them as they where sinking. We where jigging in 45' and catching fish suspended 10'-15' off the bottom. We fished just out side mud creek and a little further to the north both areas produced fish.
[signature]
I went and fished the Strawberry river on the 21. I caught one 16'' brown my brother got a 16'' brown and a 20'' brown. My dad got a couple of little browns
[signature]