Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing trip to remember
Lake: Lewisville Lake TEXAS
Date Fished: 7/17/04
Water Temperature: 78
Water Clarity: 1 foot

Went out with my 10 year old son and my 11 year old Daughter on our brand new 1965 14' aluminum boat and 5hp motor and minkota trolling motor. (I got the boat, trailer, trolling motor, and outboard from a friend for $600.00 the weekend prior).. We launched about 6:30 am and putted across from the little elm boat launch to the opposite side of the fork and started fishing. I tied on a chartruse spinnerbait with 2 gold blades, got the kids set up with roostertails. We saw alot of shad jumping around the boat and I told the kids to cast into the shad. I cast my lure about 6 inches from a submurged bush and WHAM, landed a 3.2 lb black bass. It was 18 inches long!. Then the kids started catching small sandbass and a small striper or two. I hooked into a few more bass, and lost all but 1 more. It was a dink 8 inches. None were keepers except the 3.2 lb bass.
My son needed to go to a bowling thing with his Boy Scouts, so my wife met me on the boat dock in little elm at around 10:45 am. I dropped off my son and 11year old daughter with my wife and picked up my 5 year old daughter. I asked my son to put the bass in the fridge and I would teach him how to clean it when he got back home.
I took the 5year old out and tried to troll for a while but gave up after she got bored 30 minutes later. The boat was alot of fun for the price.
My wife called me as I was on my way home and said that she left for the boy scout bowling meeting with my son, and that he cleaned the bass for a long time, and it was now in the freezer.
When I got home I expected to open the freezer and find a badly cut up bass, because I never taught him how to clean a fish. To my suprise I found a really clean bass in a bag. I mean really really squeeky clean with dawn dishwashing soap clean!
I later dethawed it and showed him how to CLEAN a fish.
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][font "Arial"][#005000][size 3]Hi there piperbbs - and welcome to the BFT. Thank you for sharing a nice story and your eventful day with our members. Must be great feeling when everything seems to fall in place and the day ends on a happy note.[/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]

Hey there piperbbs,

Welcome to BFT. Being one, there is nothing better than we parents allowing ourselves to be scammed (often intentionally) by those (less then 7 or so years old) who have spung off from us(s).

Petty larceny, keep it in the family![Smile][Smile]

Ah.... the fleeting innocence of a beautiful little child. Even if he or she might be a real turkey![sly]

Your story has brought me pretty much close to tears as I remember the two little creatures entrusted to me and their mother's care. If they only knew......... until they get kids of their own... that is!

JapanRon
[signature]
Thanks for the nice report and Welcome to the BFT Message boards. [url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the post & welcome aboard. Always great to hear when someone takes the kids fishing (instead of video games). Sounds like they had a great time too.
[signature]
piperbbs,
welcome to bigfishtackle.
I took the curticy to move this post to the texas board to aid you in finding the correct board to post your fishing reports.

you are welcome to post on any board since you are new here I thought you might like a helpfull hint to your home state...
[signature]
Welcome Sean,
Glad to have you abord the BFT forums. You will find the time you spend here informative and friendly.
We all welcome storys and reports on any time spent on the waters, Even the not so productive ones. Feel free to post your reports and any questions you may seek answers for. A member of the site will respond with answers as we are a close nit family around here.
I will be watching for your future trips as you post them.
May your next trip be more productive then your last!
[signature]
Thank you for moving this thred to the Texas forum.
[signature]
[size 1]"To my suprise I found a really clean bass in a bag. I mean really really squeeky clean with dawn dishwashing soap clean! I later dethawed it and showed him how to CLEAN a fish." [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Thanks for a laugh on Thanksgiving Day![/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]