Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishin Report
Well here i am back from my vacation, it just seemed to go by so fast. I kept track of like all the fish that I caught at little Mantrap in Minessota, so here it is:

Sat: 6 Bass, 1 on a Tube and 6 on fake frog over the pads.

Sun: 8 bass, 3 on tube, 1 on an assalt plastic, and 4 on frog.
1 Pike on a ribbontail worm.
Mon: 8 Bass, 1 on assalt worm, 5 w/ tube, and 3 w/ frog.
2 Pike, Frog and Spinnerbait.
Tue: 9 Bass, 2 on a tube, 1 on a walley diver, 2 on frog, 1 on soft jerkbait and 3on a frog.
2 Pike, both on spinnerbait.
Wed: 11 Bass, 8 were on a ribbontail and 1 on a frog and 2 on a spinnerbait.
3 Pike,
ThursSadRainy) 7 Bass, 6 on the frog and they were all over 17" it was my best day for biggest bass and then one on a ribbontail. It was pouring when i went out and it seemed that the bigger bass were reallying tight to cover and way back in the shallows of the pads.
4 Pike, 2 on a frog and 2 on a spinnerbait.
Fri:10 Bass, 7 on a smithwick topwater bait and the rest a ribbontail.( the most craziest thing happened to me and it was a first, while i was fishing the smithwick i would throw it to the edge of the pads and just let it site for like 10 sec. and most of the time they would hit it it was so much fun, but anyways the coolest thing happened. I threw it between a dock and a bunch of lily pads and some thing started playing with it and it went under so i set the hook and it seemed like a huge fish by the way it was pulling and to my surprize when i got it to the boat there were 2 flippin fish on it. it was the craziest thing ever. and they were both hooked in the mouth on 2 different hooks lol. and they were bothe around a pound it was the coolest thing i had ever seen.

Sat:i only got out sat. morning because we had to leave and i managed to catch 2 bass on the smithwick.

this doesnt include the fish my dad caught because between the 2 of us he probobly caught almost the same amount as me.

We still couldnt get into any walleye when we were there, i only saw one pulled out the whole week , we tried but it just didnt work.

This was a real great fishing trip i cant wait till i go there next year. i will be getting the pics on here when i get them developed [Smile]
[signature]
Sounds like it was a BLAST!!! Way to go!! Maybe I can hitch a ride with you next year[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome week to me! What kind of fish did you double up on with that smithwick? Crappies? Bluegills?

Great report! Should post a link back to the original questions that you had asked.

Do you remember what the temps were like and how the weather treated you each day?
[signature]
The smithwick was one of those big ones with the propellers on each side w/ 3 treble hooks. The fish that i doubled on was largemouth bass. it was the craziest thing i have ever seen. I know they talk about it on tv and stuff but i never thought it would happen to me.
It was so fun to use that thing. All i would do is be about 10 feet out from the pads and get it right by the outer edge and just let it sit there and they would hammer it, we also caught some on the flats in the middle of the lake that was cool to.

Well the weather saturday through wednsday was in the mid 80's to 90's but Thursday and Firday it cooled down a bit because of the rain, but those were the days that i caught my biggest bass. And then on Saturday when i was leaving it turned out to be such a beautiful day and i had to miss it.

I will get my pics from minnesota soon, i also have my pictures from my colorado trip a while back i just have to get them to a scanner!!
[signature]
That's awesome. I'm going to put a link in directly from the Minnesota board to this thread.

Can't wait to see the pics! Hopefully you measured some to enter into the 16-species contest.
[signature]
hey thanks for doing that for me that is awsome.

I will be sure to get those pics!! [Smile]
[signature]
Not a problem. Flagmanonice made me in charge until his computer is up and running again. Wish he'd just bring the computer to me so I can fix it for him. Sheesh. It's taking him forever! All I ask for payment is that he takes me out in his boat and puts me on large fish that are biting.
[signature]
That would be a nice payment [Wink]
[signature]