Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Horizon 8/30
[#000099]Zomees and I couldn't get anyone for a six pac for Sunday Night so we figured that we wouldn't be fishing on Monday.. Then Capt/owner Richard Deluna from the Blue Horizon called me and said come on down I got room for you guys .. I told him I couldn't make it until about 11pm or so .. He said don't worry I will wait for you.. COOL I'm on the way but I sort of lied.. Then Zomees called me a few minutes later and said I can't go.. I have a problem at work to take care of.. I said you Dog oh well I'm going.. I got packed and didn't leave the house until 9:30pm from PV.. I had to fuel the car and pick up a case of corona on the way down... I called Deluna a few times on the way down and told him that I was stuck in traffic but I was lying because I was so late.. I figured I would turn around if he wouldn't wait but I didn't have that problem.. I got there around 11:30pm and nobody was mad.. It really didn't matter about leaving late because we got to the zone in plenty of time.. [/#000099]
[#000099][/#000099]
We had some great meter marks at gray but no biters.. We finally got a nice jig strike at 8am and it lasted about 2hrs.. Solid Albies and Yellowfin.. I tried the irons but to no avail just bumps.. Even tried my lucky Red jig through boils for nada.. I had to fish bait YUCK.. Every bait was instant.. There was no talent on the boat and everybody was bit even Zomees would have killed them.. The Albies and Yellowfin were eating heavy line.. We got about 35 Albies and 14 Yellowfin on this stop for 9 anglers.. We scratched the rest of the day for limits... We fished short of the fleet and it was still very good fishing only 65 miles from home..

Total count: 45 Albies 20-35lbs and 14 or 15 yellowfin 7-25lbs

Once again an awesome trip on the Blue Horizon with Capt. Big Smiley Rich Deluna at the helm..

Thanks to Rich, Jimmy, Wardo and Jake for another great trip..

CK
[signature]
Hey there CoronaKing,

Nice ..... thanks for the fishin' info on the Horizon. Is it ever comin' back to Long Beach?! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello CK,
Your package is leaving manyana.

Mr. Deluna is DaMan, Glad to hear he's slayin'em!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator