Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake lewisville, fishing with my 10 year old son
Went black bass fishing this morning, LM bass wer not biting good but son caught a 7 lb drum on a zebco 33 and a big chartruse stike king spinnerbait with a BIG blade. I thought he has a trophy bass for a while as he fought it. Very fun seing him reel it in, had to grab the net, it was 26 inches long. Sand bass started feeding completely out of the water so we tied on some white bass favorites and started casting into them. Son was using a 1/2 oz tiny chrome lipless rattler crankbait, I was using a 3/4 oz yellow roostertail. It is so fun when your out with an 10 yr old kid and both are reeling in a fish at the same time. We were just throwing the fish in the bottom of the boat and casting again. (I do not have a livewell in my 14ft boat, and did not want to waste time stringering them when the fishing was so good). His chrome bait outpreformed mine, his fish were much bigger, all were 11 to 12 inch keepers.

Later on the way home, he was saying to me that it was his best fishing day ever. I Smiled knowing that his 10 lbs record day today would be beat soon. And I would hear those words again.

Sean
[signature]
Sounds like Lewisville is a great lake. Thanks for the report
[signature]