Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help fishing the persian gulf
we have a young man in the persian gulf, (age 15)

he is lacking both time in years for learning experences and money to pay for charter experiences,

he sure could use a step up if any one could lend him a pointer or two on what baits and lures to use for different salt water fishes. a presentation or two would also be of great assistance as well.

if anyone could find a moment to share please click on this link ===> [url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=8786#post8786"]Fishinng Message Board[/url]

if you have difficulty posting a replying you may have to register as a member, it is one of our sister sites. if you need to put some one user name as who reffered you to the site you can use mine, davetclown

Thanks in advance to any one who can aid another in learning new fishing skills.
[signature]

1)What fish do they have there? Cudas? Jacks? tunnys? ......

2) what kind of fishing, spinning or trolling?
[signature]
baracudas, snapper and hammour

squid and octopus but they are really rare

they may catch those you have mentioned, I am still learning about the arabian sea and persian gulf.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Well now I fish the central Mediterranean, [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The cudas take anything as long as it wobbles or shines or both (don’t waste plugs on them)[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]As for other lure I found the Nils Master invincible range are great, they’re made of wood so the teeth sink in rather then scratch the whole lure. Also using the yo-zuri minnow, I have been very successful in catching seabass and bluefish though the latter aren’t as common here, as in Ny. Also I came across some Korean lures Damiki and I found them to be very good the only color I have is red/gold, in three sizes my smallest one is pretty beat up but I can’t find a new one, and I tried Rapala but not too much success.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fish I catch off the rock with these lures: Atlantic bonito, Barracudas (european and yellowstripe), Bluefish, bream, combers, Derbio,Dolphin fish/Mahi Mahi (yes, they do come right in to shore due to the warm water), European seabass, grouper, Horse Mackerele, Jacks, little tunnys and rockfish[Wink][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Two colors I would suggest are: blue/silver, red/gold. Use the later color in thick white swells. Some will suggest the red head but I have never caught anything on it, except the Tasmanian Devil red head[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]As for lures: nils master, yo-zuri also yo-zuri squid jigs, (we use light to attract the squid and kalamari we have both), Dammiki and Tasmanian Devil lures which are good for Jacks[/size][/font]

[size 2]Go with some shallow divers, maybe get a jig. Once you get going you can try using some soft plastics but don't use the freshwater ones, I found them as good as fishing with a rock [/size]
[signature]