Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bah humbug
OK: The end of summer has arrived. I blew my knee out playing HOOP the first part of June and didn't even get the boat out this summer. Both kids worked but only one can drive, and my wife didn't want to just up and leave them alone while we went to the cottage.
Ok: I did catch a 38" northern off the end of my dock and numerous walleye, which I guess make up for all the negs.
I'm looking forward to fall steelies and grouse hunting, on two good knees.
[signature]
laughing my tale end off ! not at the blown knee, but at the prospect of having to deal with the fustration of a almost fishless summer and the dailey sacrifices one must surcum to .
I fished pentwater bridge on monday , cought 2 steelies . the first was about 8 lbs. , the second near 11 lbs. both were stained from the marsh muck and went back unharmed for another angler to enjoy some day . i didn't do to well at the pier there , a whole lot of boat traffic from the holiday visitors .
I drifted fresh spawn that I recived at the Pentwater public fish cleaning station from a charter boat captin friend of mine ,You should have seen the 20 lb. king that was cought a mile out and 100 feet down . Other bridge fishermen were taking a few themselves tossing thundersticks , hot n' tots and cleos .
Friday i drove up to tippy and had the guts blown out of my shimano reel lined with 8 lb. test by the first salmon of the day , a 300 mile trip for three minutes of sure outdoor enjoyment . i spent the rest of the day with my back up reel , a browning full of 4 lb. test, for steelies .
Saturday and Sunday were spent traviling to the upper Maniste River near Greling , the big M , the little M , Ludington , Pentwater , and a little trout stream in lake county , did some fishing along the way but mostley hit anything that resembled a sporting goods store for a sutible replacement reel , i just can't go back to a regular reel after owning a dule drag system . i've used that shimano for over a year now , bet it has over a half million casts under it's belt .
Other things we did as a family were exporing the dunes and photagraphing turkeys , bears , eagles, deer , and some awsome landscape shots for my wintertime screensaver . I don't expect cabin fever to set in with all the activities that are planed this year but it dosen't hurt to be prepaired in case of an accident such as you have had to deal with .
By the way , how is the team doing with the coach sidelined ? Not many guys would give up a day fishing to help the youth of his comunity in a sports program like you do . Good job there buddy , i'm sure proud of you and guys like you . Davetclown with his 4-h and his countless other fishing projects for kids , ssor and his students p.c.'s project for the phisicaly challenged , man there's nothing like giving something back to the youth of today to get them started in the right direction .
Grouse hunting looks promising in my area , i might even get in some pheasant hunting as well , the numbers are up from last year , way up ! i bet i musta kicked up about 30 during the last two weeks . I pulled a turkey permit so i'm going with the bow this year . my co-worker pulled a bear permit , he's tring black powder and has had his bait stations hit regular during the cooler evenings that we have had plenty of .
This evening i worked on the jon boat a bit and cured some spawn for tomorow evenings trip to the maniste . I sure hope your recovery comes quickley , i almost feel criminal having this much fun while you are recoperating .
your pal ,
Al
[signature]
Guess my knee should have blown out .Cuz I cant fish.I'm selling all my stuff.[Tongue]
[signature]
har de har har !
fishings the easy part , catching them is the hard part , lol !!!
i can't quit till i catch bigger fish than my 9 year old does , or at least till i get a bass as big as that one you have hanging on the wall .
Davetclown is comming up your way in a couple weeks if things work out . i'm tring to get him to stay at "deercamp" in curtisville .
well how much did the moter repair cost ? $242. for my bill , i coulda bought a couple used moters that ran for that price .
i'm off to tippy in a couple hours then back home to take the youngest out on the lake after school . something tells me i will be hearing the theme to "gilligan's island " sometime during the trip , but i have oars now .
watcha got going on this weekend ?
[signature]
Well the boat is still in the shop..its going too cost about 400 bucks ..you know me broke mason..hahahahahahaha we are fishing this sunday in the club ..sage lake the one we fished this winter with the kids you know?
..same place stop bye if you get time ..3 is the weigh in
[signature]
waa happenend ?
I actually was there today , the ol' lady that was smoking the baitstore didn't hear about it , she said you guys usually stop in there first . did we get the wrong lake ? off curtis road ? i even checked loon and foote caUSE I WASN'T SURE , dang that caps button , lol !
whose got the contract for all that brick and sidewalk work going on in town ?
[signature]
Finally got out in a boat over the weekend. Wow!! The salmon bite is on in Lake Michigan waters near Harbor Springs-Petoskey. I really think every boat on the lake Saturday limited out. This is the best I've seen it in years. I'm sure all the fisheries south of us (like ludington-Manistee) are experiencing the same.

If you get a chance get out there! Who knows what it will be like next year-Heck next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[signature]
DANG IT sorry about that LH we didnt fish sage with the kids .It was londo lake we fished this past winter...sorry about that ..we was at sage lake sunday....shooooooooot now I O you one.I didnt do any good anyway .So you didnt miss anything ..I been fishing like crap this year .Dont know what im doing I guesss ..worse year I ever had .After I looked at my post I really messed up ..Sorry big time
[signature]
NO BIGGY , HECK WE STILL GOT TIME . I SHOULDA LOOKED AT THE SCHEDULE ON YOUR SITE , KICK MYSELF IN THE REAR FOR THAT BOO BOO.
SOMEBODY MENTIONS FISHING AND MY BRAIN JUST TURNS TO JELLY , LOL !
BOAT MOTER IS BACK AT THE SHOP , PULLED ON THAT THING FOR 20 MINUTES BEFORE IT STARTED AND IT RAN LIKE DOO DOO .
YOU TWO WANNA DO THE CHINEESE THING AFTER WORK NEXT WEEK ? I KNOW WE CAN'T MISS OUT ON A FOOD RUN , LOL !
[signature]
YEA , THE BOAT FISHING HAS BEEN FANTASTIC ALL THE WAY DOWN THE WEST COAST !
PIER FISHING HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN , GOTTA HAVE SOME COOLER TEMPS AND SOME WIND OUTTA THE WEST FOR THEM TO COME IN AT DUSK .
going to tippy this weekend . i love those big fish !!!
[signature]
Went down to the Bear River early this morning in a very positive mood after catching our limit in a boat this weekend. I thought I would try some shore fishing before work.

My mood turned sour after witnessing the rotting carcasses of three huge salmon lying near the banks. I mean if you don't want 'em put 'em back or clean them and give to charity. I hate this scene! It makes us look so bad!!!

Ah well, grouse hunting this weekend since the ole knee is getting back in shape.
[signature]
you know how pocher are,,, turly is a bummer of a humbug....

they land more than their allowed and in the threat of being caught they drop and run....
[signature]