Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report
Well i Havn't posted in a while, i have been real busy, but i did manage to get out to Lake Audabon and it was quite a trip. I did get to see Sakagawea and it was really low, i sure hope we get a lot of snow in the mountains this winter to get that water level back up.

Well that morning we headed out and it was pretty nice until we got there, thats when the wind picked up to about 35 mph. It can be tough fishing on a boat with wind like that. Well we found that the fish were right on the bottom in about 15 to 20ft. of water so we found a spot right in the middle of the lake using bottom bouncers, lindy rigs and cranks and only managed to pick up one 16 inch walleye but then we had to move because the wind was pretty much picking the boat up right out of the water and we were getting really wet. By that time the wind had picked up to 45 mph and it was only about 57 degrees out.

We headed to the shore line that was filled with rocks and it was kinda of like a wind breaker so that was nice, and we managed to get 5 walleyes but they werent the biggest walleye maybe the biggest was 18 inches.

Then we headed to one more spot trying to ingore the coldness, ( it was like winter) we found a little bay with a depth of 17ft and started there and picked up a few smallmouth bass , a drum and 5 more walleyes, then it was time to pack it up.

The fishing trip went good even though it was so cold. But hopefully i will get to go out there again before winter.
[signature]
Hey Great report PunkBass. I bet it was cold with that wind!!!!!!

Do you think you will be available some time to fish this week?
[signature]
Yah it sure was a cold day out on Audabon, maybe next time we could go out there and try for them walleyes [Smile]

But anyways about this week i think i would available on either on saturday or monday. Maybe we could go out to Mcdowell and try for so Pre fall bass or else maybe we could go out to that private creek that we always seem to catch a lot of fish at. Just let me know!
[signature]
Hey that sounds good[url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] We can slay the walleyes some day out there.

Saturday sounds good to me. Mcdowell sounds like a good choice if we can find where the fish are. But then again mcdowell might suck and we might do better at the creek. What do you think? Or maybe both!!
[signature]
Oh forgot to add if you want to go fishing early in the morning[url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] or later on.
[signature]
i was thinking maybe the creek, i havn't been out there in a while and there are probobly some fish that need to be caught [Wink] i still dont about the time yet, i will let you know when i find out if anything is goin on. What time would you Prefer? i dont htink it matters to me, its just that i dont think i would be able to go monday morning....
[signature]
The creek sounds good. Havent been there for months! I was thinking some time around 10am? too late? too early?
[signature]
Well for those of you that were wondering[Wink], we went fishing and caught some pike, 1 walleye, and a catfish. The catfish I caught was about 30 inches!! It put a fight, right PunkBass!
[signature]
Sure did !![Smile]

But that is weird that we have caught a bunch of catfish on cranks....
[signature]
I think those catfish would be happy to eat anything. I dont think they see very much action.
[signature]