Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Over
Hey all!!! Sorry for the spotty coverage of the Kenai summer... so, Ill sum it up now...<br><br>Dept. of Fish and Game closed the Kenai River for King Salmon fishing early in June until at least July 1... after considering my options for a few weeks, I decided to forego the season for guiding and just fish on my own... the river was re-opened on 7/1 and the fishing was good... I managed to score good kings with friends the first three days of the season... however, it was not like normal years... fishing remained pretty good for the month of July and my boat was blessed with many nice Kings... the Sockeyes(reds) came in record numbers and the fishing was impressive... I got my fill, then helped many of the dip-netters by serving as beach boy... it was very fun... I decided to leave for MN shortly after the Kings closed on 7/31... so, I did my canning, pacjed my stuff, and hit the road...<br><br>In closing I would like to make some recommendations and extend some thanks... <br><br>ti Jim and Christy(Kenai RV PARK) - WOW!!! Unbelievable hosts!!! best little RV Park on the peninsula... see you next spring!!!!<br><br>to Hobo Jim(Alaska's official state balladeer) - Keep up the great shows... when in Soldotna, dont miss Jim at BJ's Lounge...<br><br>to Becky(Beaver Creek Cabins) - You have an AWESOME little resort!!! Thanks for letting me dock there...<br><br>to the Waterman - next year I pledge more beach boy help and more King fishing... thanks Gordon...<br><br>to Brian(Brians Transmission) - thank you for getting my tranny fixed in quick order... if you break down in or near Fort St. John, BC, call brians...<br><br>and with that, I am signing off... Ill be back next summer so anyone coming north and needing to fish, give me a call...<br><br>Steve<br>Steve's ALaskan Fishing<br>www.AKSALMONHUNTERS.com<br><br><br><br>
thanks for the line up steve,

when do you expect the spring thaw to begain up your way?
[signature]
when's spring time ? i know you guys got some excelent fishing up there . my bosses brother lives up that way somewhere . i'm hopeing to have him sign up the next time he comes down for a visit .
[signature]