Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South West Florida
Capt. Scott Taylor<br>Suncoast Flats Fishing<br><br>The fishing on the flats has been good to great this last week. The snook have been most active on the falling tide, I have been working the points and the top of the holes that lead off the flat. On my trip yesterday while poling, I staked the boat up in front of a hole on a point (the perfect spot). The current was strong, and the grass was bent over. We were throwing 3&quot; split tail albino Bass Assassins and pulled out 4 snook in 5 cast! After the 4th. snook I had Terry Pitz pull out his fly rod with a brown and white Clouser Minnow on the end. He landed 2 more snook on the fly before all the action quit. The next 2 hours were quiet until the incomming started. Then we found the Redfish. We had about 30 tailing fish on a flat just south of Demere Key, and just enough wind to allow us to sneak up on them. Terry landed the first fish he threw with a very nice cast into a head wind. After that Terry had one more fish on and several follows, all on the fly. Once the wind kicked up the fish quit tailing and dissapeared on us. <br><br>Most of my fishing last week was on incomming tides with lots of redfish action, the reds have been tough to get to eat on the falling tide. The other plus this week while fishing the incomming was that on the last part of the tide I would go to the pass and find spanish mackrel and blue fish. When I would hit it right (luck) it was a great way to end the day.<br><br>If you are interested in fishing Pine Island Sound or have any questins on fishing the area give me a call or email me.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Capt. Scott Taylor<br>941-283-4190<br>http://www.flyfish-florida.com<br>mailto:tarpon@flyfish-florida.com<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tarpon on 11/07/00 08:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>