Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing
I went with a buddy ut to Lost Creek last year for a little ice fishing, it was a nice day, just really cold. We had caught a few little trout when my buddies fishing rod bent over double and the fight was on. He took about 5 minutes to bring it too the hole and he started lifting it out and onto the ice. He was about 3/4 of the way out and he was a beutiful fish about 22 inches long when he dropped off the hook and back into the hole. I do not know what my buddy was thinking but he dropped onto the ice and shoved his whole arm into the water to try to catch the fish but to no avail, he lost him. The rest of the season he did not live down soaking his entire arm to catch that fish![Smile]
[signature]
I've been in that same situation. A guy will do anything from losing the big one..or any fish for that matter[Wink]
[signature]
i have been kown to jump in the water after a fish more then once but i'm usally after a lure i don't want to lose
[signature]
I did your friend one better! I caught a nice brown about 24" and stupid me lifted him on the thin ice around the edge and it fell on the ice .I had to get this fish so i walked on the ice and fell through but i got his butt! I was new to fishing in the winter so i didnt know what safe ice was !
[signature]
i just started icefishing my self last year so i'm still a little Confused myself about safe ice myself....thats why i let someone else go first
[signature]
I had a friend who was fishing up at the Berry with a bunch of scouts when one of them caught a big fat 'bow. Well the thing got stuck in the hole on the way out and then the line broke so my friend stuck his arm in and caught the fish by the jaw! He held on while the others tried to enlarge the hole until his hand got too cold and he had to let go.

FM
[signature]
done that several times my self for dropped crappie, that was till one day when I reached down for a crappie and pulled out a pike attached to my thumb!!!! [shocked][unsure][pirate]

He was of leagle size and in season so that news year day I had pike for my supper...
[signature]