Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing for Rainbows
Right now everybody is cycling down from Salmon and Halibut fishing, and getting ready for the Hunting season. It seems like the one season ends abruptly with the Starting of the Other.<br>For the people who don't hunt, this is the best time for Fly fishing. Dress warmly.<br>Get the large Rainbows out of the Salmon Rivers. The smaller Rainbows out of the Lakes, and the Grayling up in the Paxon area. That's my favorite place for Grayling anyway.<br>I used to buy my flies at Mountain View Sporting goods to find out from the experts just which flies to use. I dont remember what all I bought, but all of it worked in one place or another. Dry flies work in moving water Spring and Fall, Nymphs work best in the lakes.<br>There will still be some Silvers in a few of the Rivers till the end of August, so watch out! You might lose some Flies to something really exciting.<br>I'm going up this evening on the Red-eye.<br>If anything really exciting happens, I'll keep you posted.<br><br><br><br>Where's this treaty that gives the State of Alaska back to the Natives????