Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye
[size 1]If you have a photograph of this fish with you wearing a BigFishTackle.Com logo that you would like to submit. Please click "Reply" in the top right corner of this post and submit your photo.

If you would like to join the fun and help BigFishTackle.Com members in their quest to catch every species of game fish in the world but do not have an item with the BigFishTackle.Com logo on it please register and use the private message feature in this board to get your FREE BigFishTackle.Com sticker and Patch (while supplies last). Private messages should be sent to theangler.
If you have any problems please visit the "Help" board at the link below.
[/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=74"][#000000][size 1]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/.../gforum.cgi?forum=74[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1]; [/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I don't have my bft shirt on in this pic. but my tackle box at my fee does. This is a 28" walleye that bottomed out my 8 lb scales. It was caught after an all night catfish run.
jed
p.s. the second pic is a lot nicer, but has no logo. If you need to delete it because it has no bft logo I understand.
[signature]
Here is a nice just short of 23 inch Walleye.

[Image: CBR_Walleye_BFT1.sized.jpg]
[signature]
This may sound a little crazy but I have a question...are Walleye and Pike the same or are they different species??? I was told they were one and the same and I always thought that they were different species.
[signature]
you can bet your best bobber on that one, you are correct, they are as different as day and night.

pike are long and slender in build walleye get taller in shape at some point much like trout and salmon.

pike are dark green while walleye range from light green to yellow to silver depending on species

walleye are full of "Y" bones and much care must be taken to fill up on a pike dinner, walleye you can fillet like a perch and not worry about a single bone.

walleye have teeth while pike have razor sharp teeth that can cut you like a sergeons scalpal.

pikes eyes are black where as a walleyes eye is silver/white and allmost looks like a glass eye.

walleye have been known to grow to near 40 inches in lenth where as pike have been known to reach 5-6 feet in lenth and gar pike have been known to reach 10-12 feet in lenth.

walleye have been known to reach around 30 pounds where as the aligator pike has been known to weigh up to 100 pounds.

there are about as many species of walleyes as there are species of pike.

hope this helps...
[signature]
Thankyou davetclown for your reply...I haven't fished for neither walleye nor pike but I was pretty sure that they were not one and the same fish. When I disagreed with the other people they thought I was crazy and didn't know anything about fish...after reading your reply...(I hope you don't mind), but I highlighted it and pasted into another email and sent it out to them...now maybe it will be settled if not...at least I know I'm not as dumb as they were making me out to be.
[signature]
I dont mind at all,

I sent you a pm picture of a walleye, northern pike and a gar pike....
[signature]
Gar Pike? I did like to see the photo too!
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=133522;search_string=gar%20pike;#133522"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=133522;search_string=gar%20pike;#133522[/url]

follow tis link and go to the 2004 anual fishing photo contest entry made by me.

you will see a pic of me and a gar pike head.
There is also a link attachment there of the whole gar under that entry post.
[signature]
My Largest Walleye, caught last summer 30 1/2 inches.

[Image: 104_0403.jpg]
[signature]