Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wake up D.N.R. , time to get to work !!!
hey , i saw one guy this morning who got pushed to his limit with the snaggers . there was a guy on the other side who would cast his lead over the first guys line whenever he yelled "fish on" , the lead spider would go up the first guys line and then he could steal the fish from him . this has gotten to be a common practice at the dam .
well , the legal guy set up a special rod , 90 pound gorilla line on a ocean rod, cast it out (slight fog in the morning ) and yelled fish on , a moment later he ran up the bank with the rod and gave it a hard jerk , SNAP , just like a .22 going off ! not the string breaking , the snaggers pole broke !
"Welcome to the world of spider wire " the legal guy yelled .
At the time i thought it was a little refreshing and humorous to see a snagger get his just deserts . now in hindsight i just see this as an escalation of the fustration us legal fishermen are having to endure . yelling , namecalling , and fistfights are more common now . we are forced to share the river with poachers , the D.N.R. knows this and does damn little to do a thing about it .
just walking the coffer area on thursday night i saw no less than 30 guys pumping and ripping lead , not the legal lead , big 2" trebs with inline sinkers looped over the hook bends , ocean lures a foot long with massive trebs on them being used in broad daylight this morning , illeagle snagging going unchecked .

well if the D.N.R. could get up off there cans and concentrate on " protecting " the salmon from illeagle snaggers during the run ,(especially during the weekends) lay out stiff fines , confiscate the equipment used , a restocking fee , well over a couple years we could wipe out the urge these criminals have to break the law .
i have been to tippy 12 days this month , never saw a dnr c.o. yet .
heck if i can spot 30 of the illeagle guys in a walk thru , multiply the restoration of the poached animal times a thousand bucks per fish , add in the fines and the equipment used , cars , campers , rods ,ect.. , they would have close to a hundred grand in a hour .

tippy is getting known thruout the u.s. as the spot to snag salmon without worry . i met a guy from california , 4 guys that came up from tenesee, a group from south carolina , one guy from texas , a truckload from ohio and kentuckey , all were snagging .
i guess that says a lot about our midnr .
[signature]