Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the Lake
[crazy] Well I just got stressed out pretty bad, Last week I bought a Mobile Home and yesterday the movers placed it on my Lake property... Boy Howdy! you don't want to be around when they move those things, especially when they got to go through a ditch and around a bunch trees. [unsure]So I took the wife to Fishermans Point, "Richland/Chambers Lake" and we had a Hamburger while the movers did their thing. [cool] I talked to several of the Partrons there about the fishing. The Fishing seems to be pretty good, even though it was a Holiday Weekend and there was more than a few Jetskies. The fishermen were pretty excited that large Hybr. Whites were taking their Hellbender rigs while fishing for Sandies. The sandies (white Bass) are still chasing shad, and breaking the surface often. There still catchen cats, mostly Juggin, and Crappy is a little slow still holding about 20 ft. Didn't talk to any bass fishermen, they are probablity staying off the lake till the Holiday is over. The lake is clear and about 20 inches low.... great shape for August. Our 'Heart' goes out to Joyce, at Lakeview Reality, we are Praying. Scoob (the movers did a great job)[Smile]
[signature]
Scoob,
You definatly made the right choice to leave them alone to move that moblehome in place. I got a used one last year for my son and we decided to move it ourselves.[shocked]Boy that was a bad choice. No one wanted to be around us for two days as we got it in place and leveled it. We made our minds up not to try that again.
As things go it gave you a great chance to see what was going on at the lake. You did a great job![Smile]Thanks for the report on "Richland/Chambers".[Smile]
[signature]
scoob,
You live near richland chambers?? Is that anywhere near Frankston??

David
[signature]
David,[Smile] if we are talking about the same town, Frankston is on the west shore of 'Lake Palestine", and just north(20 miles or less) from the town of Palestine. Lake Richland /Chambers would be West of Frankston about (and I'm guessing)40 miles. The closes town to RC would be Fairfield on highway 45. I have a place( mobil home) that I use as my fish camp or second home, however I live about 40 miles south.... Their. that's about as clear as MUD.[crazy]....... Hey ssor, I was playing with my light spincast while taking a break from working on the trailor today around 11 am trying to catch some small white bass from the Bank(just for fun). Surprise!! I caught a 5 lb 9.9oz. largemouth bass on 6 lb test line. I cant believe that knot held up. (very lucky). Of coarse, no one around to show off too, so I weighed the fish, and turned her loose.... She was fun , a fighter!!! [Smile] scoob
[signature]
[Smile]Hay Scoob,
Was off line since the 11th and just got back home. Sorry for the delay in my reply to your Suprise catch. Congrats on your anger skills to land her on the 6lb test line.
You already know I am up in Ohio and have plans for a trip to the coast in April. I had to make an unexpectid trip as I lost my father on the 11th. Things whent fast so I did not have time to get with you before I got in my truck and headed for San Antonio. Got there on Fryday around 4 PM and found out that the millitary paperwork had delayed services untill Monday. It gave me the weekend to do things that needed attention down in Port A. So to Port A. I went. Got there at 8 PM and after a short wait for the Ferry and I was home. Got to the tackle store just in time to pick up my license. Glad I know the owner! To late to take care of other things so I started checking out the action at the piers. Things looked a little slow so I settled for the handicap friendly community pier at the north end of Station St. It is a small pier on the ship channel that has always been a great place to relax.
Only had limmited gear with me as it was an unexpected trip. On the first cast with my trusty lime green worm without any weight I hooked into a nice 1 1/2lb speck under the lights. Right then I knew that I was back in Parodise!!! Fished the pier all night.
List of fish caught:
1.Speck (2)
2.Golden Croker (4)
3.Sand trout(3)
4.Needle Garr (1) Tail hooked
5.Ray (1) small around 3lb
6.Gafftop (1)
7.Hardhead (6)
8.Skipjack (?) Lost count over 30

Four of specises caught on my trusty lime green!!! three wher caught on some deed shrimp that was given to me as another angler was leaving for the night. The Gafftop was on cutbait (croker).
[signature]