Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington 10/14
Fished Huntington from 11:00 to 6:30 today. I caught 14 tigers. The largest was 19". Most were caught on flies. The best was a black wooly bugger. But, the big fish was caught on a gray wooly worm.
[signature]
Sounds like a good time. Are flies your primary choice of bait? I guess if they work why change. Did you manage to get into any of those Willow cuts yesterday after I left?
[signature]
Good to hear they are still biting up there.How cold was it there in the afternoon?
[signature]
Sounds like a good day at hunnington, i want to catch a tiger there but i have been skunked the 3 times i have tried.
[signature]
It wasn't too cold though the wind was a little brisk. Without the wind it would have been real nice. I tried worms and lures but they didn't work as good as flies.
[signature]
Tell me about the technique for using flys on that lake. I de very well at all most every other still water fishery I go to but for some reason I don't have much luck on Hunington

Maddawg
[signature]
Do you mind sharing your secrets on exactly how YOU fish a fly. I have tried several ways and have never had much luck on a lake. I know everyone does things just a little different and was hoping for some good details to help out my handicappedness (cool word) at catching fish on flies. I always hear good reports on using flies but just can't seem to make it work.
[signature]
I gave the details about how I rig a fly and a bubble the other day on my report from Willow pond. Since the tigers were not raising to the surface I filled my bubble clear full and added a couple of extra sinkers to get it down deeper. The fish seemed to be down 2-10'. There were a couple of guys fishing with fly poles. I don't know what kind of line they were using but in order to get some depth they held their pole straight down in the water. One man was taking a break from elk hunting and he was fishing with worms from the bank. He just cast out as far as he could and let them sit on the bottom. He caught several. But I don't think they were as big as those we caught out in the tubes. If any one wants to meet me some where I would be glad to show them my technique for what its worth. Willow pond would be a good place. Just let me know when and where.
[signature]