Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Cats

I hope everyone is taking advantage of Ohio's big catfish

[Image: fd6b0253.jpg]

Remember they got so big because someone probably released them before you caught them. [Wink]
[signature]
Katfish,
That pic is ausom. Thanks for the post. Do you have any more info? Like when, where, equipment used and what was the bait?
The Board is wanting to know! And so do I !!!!
[signature]
I used a Quantum Big Cat heavy action rod and a Shimano Charter Special reel loaded with 30 pound test braided dacron line to subdue that 66 pound flathead. I caught it Aug 10, 2002.

I use 5-7 inch goldfish for bait and fish all night.

[Image: fd7df26c.jpg]

I fish several lakes in Eastern Ohio for big flatheads.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. It will help me with my quest for them elusive bigkats. Thought you might be using the Gold fish for bait. One more Question. Do you Know of any Lakes in So. Eastern Oh that might hold any of the big kats for me to try. The Athens area is where I am. I have the gear to handle the task. I got the bait in my stock pond all I need now is where to try. Thanks again.
[signature]
Glad to see you found the board Robby. I have a quick question. In the "chub" field, which chub is your 1st preference, and what sizes do you prefer to use? Or do you use suckers? I'm not having much luck around here flattin, and I'm thinking it might be the bait I'm using.
[signature]