Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
twofer
Okay, if I told the following story at work noone would believe me.It really did happen. I'm grousing it in Northern Michigan 2 Saturdays ago. I'm returning to my truck after 3 flushes and one in my vest.
I'm 20-30 feet away from my truck when I hear this ruckus on my left under an apple tree. Sure enough there is Gary Grouse and the whole family, seven of them.
I walk towards the babbling group of grouse and they take flight. I choose the group on my left and let the steel fly.
Two of the three who flew left came tumbling down. Yep 2 for the price of 1. I really believe the second grouse died of fright, not due to my pellets.

This will never happen again!
[signature]
I beleive ya,
happened to me a couple times long long ago. with ducks and Geese. Back when we had ducks and geese in oakland county....seems like a hundred years ago.... but actualy it has been only 30.[unsure]

the farm I once hunted on is now a billion dollar subdivision. breaks my heart every time I pass by. at least once a week.... talk about your heart breakers....

I can remember when we could not walk out the front door of our farm house with out jumping at least a couple phesants....

one of my funniest hunts was when I tought a young fella about squril hunting. we walked in to the woods and found a fallen tree to sit upon and I pulled out my 50 cent squirl call and began to chatter, It wasnt long when the first squril showed up on top of a stump some 60 feet away,

I shot and the squril fell down off the back side of the stump then crawled back on top the stump again, so I shot him again, again he fell off the back side of the stump and crawled right back on top the stump once again. So I said the third time is a charm, the young fella was laughing at me for missing and having so many free shots. I was fealing a bit worm under the collar when I fired one more time and this time he did not come back up to the top of the stump.

I figured by now this squril had to be full of lead and probably wasnt worth picking up except for the tail.

so we went behind the stump to claim my squril when we found three squrils, all laying in a pile. I will Give ya one guess who was grinning from ear to ear with my 50 squril call and whos jaw was dragging on the ground.[cool]....
[signature]
Okay-That squirrel story is going into my memory banks. That's so much better them my twofer!!!!Does the kid still hunt squirrels??
[signature]
Sure did.... That hunt started him on a roll, he has bagged himself some nice deer, even a royal elk from viena corners.....

and he knows that 50 cent squril calls are worth a buck or two out in the woods if you forgot your spair change[shocked]
[signature]
no twofers for me unless yer talking fishing , lol !
my ohio buddy got a deer twofer a couple years ago , just like daves tree chicken story . saw a deer about 20 yards away and hit it square with a slug , it never budged . shot it again and again nothing !
pumped another round and once again , nothing !
puzzeled he started creeping up to it , kept it in his sights ,another close shot and nothing .
when he got up to the deer he saw it was leaning across a barbed wire fence full of holes with another buck downed at it's hoofs . counted all the holes and the first shot got both deer first , side by side . the second buck took all the other extra shots for nothing .
we tease him whenever he's at deer camp about his math skills when he's suposed to put one poker chip in the kitty , he laughs and tosses in two chips .
[signature]