Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Texoma Windblown fishing report
Wow what a day! Started at 5:00am, only cuz the gate doesnt open till then. Fished the lights and managed a few nice striper. Once it was light enough to see the bank worked around main lake points hiding from the north wind blowing in last saturday. Usins a baby bass pop r, managed to pickup several nice striper, smallmouth and kentuckies about half way back into the creeks hiding from the wind. Started to get crowded out of the wind, so braving the wind started working some flats off several deep channels. Working about 4 foot of water in 20 mph wind, threw a 1/2 ounce white trap and caught about 20 striper, more than 20 kentuckies and 4 beautiful smallmouth around 2 lbs each. It was a great day. I have a hard time forcing myself to get in the wind, but I have lately become to love it. If anyone in the north texas area cares to go sometime please do not hesitate to contact me. I like to work traps and I work fast if they will jump it, otherwise I run slabs and sassy shads for striper if they are up. I dont run from area to area working for striper. If they aint up I go for bass but any company with me that knows some tips and just dont have a boat shoot me an email. I like going extra early like 1 to 2 am till about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If you can handle that and regardless whether you are a newby or season veteran, let me know, I am tired of going alone.
[url "mailto:gordon24_1@hotmail.com"]gordon24_1@hotmail.com[/url]

later!
[signature]