Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holdin' it down with the 19 footer
I have a 19' Boston Whaler, and i've alway been happy with it's performance. But yesterday it truely proved itself to me. We started the day in swells way over 8', many in the 10 foot range. Most people wouldn't even take a second thought as to going out in seas that big in a boat that size, but I was compelled to catch some fish. I've been in some rough water in alot of different makes of boats, and I have to say that the ol' whaler handled flawlessly. True, it's got to do alot with who's behind the wheel, but I wasn't worried for a second. The rip tides were unmerciful, and the intervals weren't that far apart, yet I had control the entire time, without fail. I'm not much for the outboard though. Johnson makes a good motor, but I expected a little more balls for a 150. I have to say, I miss my Mercury. Most brands of boats are equally dependable in average seas, but when rough water is abroad, that sets aside the men from the boys. I must say, if you're a serious fisherman, that doesn't like the weather to dicktate your fishing scedule, and you're looking for a boat under 30 foot, anything less than a Whaler is childs play.
[signature]
Glad to see you enjoy the Whaler.I have a friend who fishes every week and has flipped his twice. Pop Nelson owns a 14ft and after a couple of trips with him my kidneys are shot. I miss my old deep V 19ft. Good Luck with yours.
[signature]
If you truly want to seperate the men from the boy's let me introduce you to my boat "E-FISH-N-SEA it's a 21 foot Grady White Adventure Walkaround With a 225 Yamaha and let's Just say you don't ever walk away wishing you had any more. I have taken similar sea's and then some and though I agree with you that it has alot to do with whose driving ...you should sit behind the wheel of mine and know how the other half lives. I have much respect for all boston whaler's and Grady's alike and just thought to jab some fun at you with my all powerful "vessel"
LOT'S OF LUCK AND BE CAREFUL
SOCKEYESLAYER
[signature]
[url "http://www.brunswickcgboats.com/default.asp?content=home"]http://www.brunswickcgboats.com/default.asp?content=home[/url]

Check out the boats from the above link. They seperate the Men from the Boys. I have 2 Boston Whalers. It's a great feeling to take my family out boating/fishing in an unsinkable boat.

The guy flipped his Whaler twice, right !
[signature]