Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you fish at night?

Hello to all,

I am with the belief that there is far more night fishing being done then a lot of people know and I would like to get some idea of just what the averages are. Personally I fish both day and night but in the summer months I find I do just about twice the amount of night fishing as I do in the winter time.

I would be interested in any information on night that I can find as I am the inventor of a product directed toward night fishing and the manufacturers are making me crazy. I am the inventor of the laser fishing rods, high quality fishing rods that illuminate and indicate when a fish is taking the bait.

I am with the idea that the reason manufacturers shy away from night fishing products is that a great percentage of these products have been failures and these manufacturers lost more money then they have made on these products. I have seen a few fishing rods that have been built for night fishing advantages and have found them to be far below industry standards and a great reason for these manufacturers to be fearfull of launching new products for night fishing.

If you would have any information you would like to share I can be contacted through my web site at [url "http://www.wylierods.com"]www.wylierods.com[/url] .

Tight lines to all and to all a good fight,

Wylie[Wink]
[signature]
Hello Wylie,

The only night fishing that I've done is cat fishing. My father in-law does a lot of night fishing and loves trying new products out, I'll let him know about your product. I would tend to agree with your statements about night fishing products, many that I have seen have been inferior quality.

It seems attempts previously made were done on a limited basis with low cost components, done as a test market. The problem is that, how true is a test if manufacturers market a product expecting the consumer to buy it when produced with inferior components, so that they can gauge interest and then produce a higher quality product if the test market is successful. I think a truer test is what you are attempting, produce a quality product, market it and see if the public can use it, in your case I am sure with the popularity of night fishing, you probably have a winner. Good luck to you, and I'm sure if you ever need product testers and testimonials many of this boards members would be happy to volunteer.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
To: The Angler,

Thanks for the reply.

What you mentioned about catfish fishing is the funniest thing I have found when I mention night fishing to people.[sly] Even the manufacturers think the only market for night fishing is catfish. [laugh] Most people do not think of the crappie, bluegill, walleye, shark, tarpon, bass and the many other fish that are active in the dark hours as well as the catfish.

It seems as you have the same out look on this issue as I have. I have done a test market run of the laser fishing rods in Missouri and they went over very well. Bad thing is I did not keep records and most of the input I had come back to me from the rods my investors and myself sold was through my investors so the remarks I received could hold vested interests.

I built about 100 rods out in Missouri and let me tell you these were nothing to be proud of because they were so far below what could be considered industry standards I was afraid to see how many of them would not make the ninety days I backed them. To my relief not one of the rods came back. Even with this low quality product I have taken the chance with the 100 or so rods I built returned over 250 orders about a month after the rods were sold. This information did come through my connection to my investors so it could also be tainted with the interests of profit as well but it was nice to hear anyway.

I have now told myself I will not build anymore rods like I did in Missouri and have stepped up the quality to the point were I am now able to back my rods for three years and more if a manufacturer would like to do so. This quality has come at an expense as the rods I build now are a little expensive for you average angler but if I were to get a manufacturer of some [size 1]integrity[/size] that would work with me and not low ball a run of laser rods I am sure they would be very happy with the outcome.

You know if I had the money I would have a laser fishing rod in the hands of every fishing magazine editor or anybody that might be able to make a difference for me. That has been the largest part of my problem to date besides the fact that I am only one man and can only do so much.

You bet I would have everybody testing rods if I could.[Wink]

I thank you for your input sir and wish you the best of luck on the water,

Wylie

at [url "http://www.wylierods.com"]www.wylierods.com[/url]
[signature]
[Image: Earthworm.gif] Here is one that has been totally over looked by the industry and that is ice fishing

[Image: Earthworm.gif] The avid ice fisherman doesn’t begin until the sun is setting for walleye pike perch gills crappies ect...

[Image: Earthworm.gif] I have yet to see one product geared towards this activity either for rods or tip-ups and perch lines especially tip ups because many of us are sitting in side we have to go out side to see if our flags are up.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] The rods available on the market work fine during the daylight hours but when the sun goes down the florescent reds and oranges disappear in the night when we are sitting there on the ice.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] The lighting even though we are using lanterns is still not the best and many hits are missed especially when the bites are light.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply Dave,[cool]

I have been working on developing an ice fishing rod because the response has been huge in that area of fishing for the laser fishing rods. I have been doing some more testing lately but it has not been in the ice fishing department. I have been testing the Kencor line of products and I have found them to be outstanding and a perfect compliment to my patent. It has been the 710-7 blanks lately going through the mill and they are one of the best I have found for catfish and they work just as well for musky, pike inshore and light off shore fishing as well. I have been setting the hook on half pound bullheads when they nip at the bait because even the little bite show up on these rods at night. As soon as these laser fishing rods get out there and are seen by fishermen fishing at night I know you will hear about them again.[Wink] I am so confident at this point that I will take on any visual bite indicator on the market and walk away the victor,No Doubts in my mind![Wink]

Thank you Dave

Wylie

at [url "http://www.wylierods.com"]www.wylierods.com[/url]
[signature]
Hey Wylie,I do alot of night fishing for catfish,walleye,trout,crappie,with good results.We get some large trout through the ice at night too.Its pretty exciting being on the water or ice after dark.An ice rod for night fishing would be nice.In the past ice fishing after dark I have had to hold my pole or prop it so the backlite on my fishfinder shines behind the strike indicator to see it better, along with the lantern on the side of the hole.Alot of people night fish here in utah after dark on the water,night fishing on the ice is just starting to catch on.I bet if you made it people would buy it,sounds like a good idea.
[signature]
Hi fisherman,

Thank you for the compliment. If you would like to take a look at my website I have a wide variety of different rods I can build from Kencor's products. I use one of Kenny's 4 to 12 pound two piece rods for trout myself and have been abusing it on catfish also just see how tough they are and I have landed up to 6 1/2 pound channel cats with them. No kidding about it Kencor has top of line product that works exceptionally well with my patent. It sure seems as I better get to work on an ice laser fishing rod soon. The ice laser fishing rods will be a little more expensive then a project I am working on now. I am in the process of bringing a low cost lighted fishing rod to the market for ice fishing. I cannot share any of the finer details of these low cost rods at this time but if the man I am working with in order to do this is good to his word the rods should make it into the market. What I can tell you is this will be a lighted ice fishing rod that will not have the advantage of the bite indication like the laser fishing rods do. Reason being the expense of manufacturing (mainly the lasers) would not meet the goal of a retail price of $9.99.[:/] Dan Foss the inventor of the Glojig lures is going to be what you could call the marketing representative for these rods.[cool] He has done a very good job with his lures and has offered to split the profits with me so I figure engineering these ice rods will be worth it. I just like to build new fishing stuff anyway.[Wink]I have been trying to convince him to go for the laser ice rods but he has his mind set on a fixed price of $9.99.[crazy] I cannot promise I will be able to get these ice rods out this winter but there is a slim chance if any there may be a few out there this year.

Thanks again and tight lines,[Wink]

Wylie
[signature]
I do alot of day and night fishing. Most of my night fishing is in the saltwater.

I went away from bells by using conventional reels with bait clickers on them. Some of my rods have saltwater spin reels with bait runners on them.

The idea of a flashing light could be good as well.[cool]
[signature]