Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 11-13-04
Water temperature was 40-42 degrees. No massive air currents to contend with[cool]. I caught this 23" cutthroat with a white lucky craft 74 bevy shad.
[signature]
I fished the strawberry side today with Xman and his wife.
When we got there at 7:00am the "W" was blowing just enough to put a good chop on the water for the first 6 hours then the water turned to glass the rest of the day. We did'nt catch any thing as big as you did, our biggest was about 19". It was hard to find fish in large schools, just picked up a few here and there but towards the end of the day we located a few schools. We caught plenty of cutts in the 17"-18" range and at least 3 may be 4 rainbows. Heres a few picks of some average cutts,their not our biggest of the day but close to it.
[signature]
I see that Enich is wearing his trademark cover. Its good to know that he finally married that gal.
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080] We didn't get up until 1:30. Almost went to Linclon Beach, Sportsman's in Provo re-directed east. We came in the Soldier Creek side and through the Narrows to Salamander Bay. Its fun going 60 plus miles an hour on DaBerry. [/#000080]
[signature]
60 PLUS ![shocked]
Its a good thing hardly any boats where on the water today.

You got there right when the wind quit blowing, the water was great from 1:00-5:30.
[signature]
Mike , did you get a rainbow on your line ? Looks like you and tomegun have the same fashion gloves on . Are they good fishing glove ? I sure hope I make one more trip up there before the ice . Thanks for the report .
[signature]
You would have to ask me about the rainbows. I did'nt catch a rainbow, I still don't have the touch. But I will take a little credit for putting my passengers over the rainbows. They where caught on an orange lure.

I like those gloves for fishing, the palms and the finger tips are water proof but the back of the hand is'nt. At work alot of the concrete finishers use them.
[signature]
I kinda tried to lip my big cutt, but its teeth went through the glove.
[signature]
Tomegun,
Is salamander bay the first bay on your left after you get out of the narrows coming from the solder creek side??? Just curious...
Bigcat
[signature]
that fish wasnt my idea of a picture fish. im real picky. hehe thanks for the trip mike was fun. hopefully go another time get into some bigger fishies.
[signature]
maybe one day ill wear that thing out and have to come up with another trade mark.
[signature]
yep
[signature]
but not anytime soon. its served me too well over the years. ill probably wear it with holes and all.
[signature]
Fly Fishing????
[signature]
In the fall we use jerkbaits. The best ones are the Lucky Craft 78 pointer minnows. I was tryingout the new Rapala X-Raps. I caught only one with the Rapala. The new X-Raps are just a little bit on the long side. [black][size 3]Like Tubedude said[/size][/black], "The Cutthroatasaurus and Bocephuses want Meat.
[signature]