Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mako comment & idea
[size 1]Hodges,

I have heard of alot of big makos being caught.....but I haven't received any specifics on the 850# off Catalina. I am actually staring at a picture right now of the owner of the Eldorado back in the 70's perched next to a rather large Great White Shark caught off Catalina. It looks about the same size as the one that Booyaa just caught off the beach in San Diego. I guess that is how good Booyaa is. He didn't even have to travel to the island to get Great White bit. He does it proper from the shore on the Zebco/Talavera combo w/ nothing heavier than 4# line.

I think that we should put together a little BFT message board "Catfish" derby here at one of the local lakes. Maybe a night-time thing so everyone would be able to participate......Anybody interested, please post and we will get it going.

Do I hear "STEALTH ANGLERS" @ Irvine lake, Corona lake, or somewhere like that. [/size]
[signature]
Hey Milo's,

Bob was saying today that got one 650+ further south a couple years back, that would be a GOOD time. Were you the one with us (i think booyaa was there too) on the tonage when we saw that nice shark but had no decent leader, it had to be 100+, would been fun.

Did you catch the photo on the other post of Booyaa's great white (lol), he is a legend and he even had time for that great photo!

I'm down for a catfish run to Irvine! Seems like the only time I have to fish nowadays is night! Lets do it! Wheres JT Niemic when you need him, JT how bout the derby, BFT will put up some prizes and you know Booyaa will step up with some shwaaag, right Miguel?

P.S. I told my son what you said about the dock and I don't think he's going to let it rest, when can we come see ya, to slay the Mackeral.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "MS Serif"][size 3]I DO CLINICS![/size][/font]

[font "MS Serif"][size 3]Night time missions are cool count me in.....[/size][/font]
[signature]
Anyone down for this weekend then? By the Miguel, about the clinic, I was sorry to hear about that, whats that 14 times now, you have to be more careful, don't forget isn't that how Al Capone died? (LOL)
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator