Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you buy an ice fishing rod like this one?

Hello to all,

I have written this in order to ask you all what you would think of an illuminated ice fishing rod with an illuminated bite indication. This illumination of this rod would be constantly on while the rod was turned on and the light would move when the line was moved. This illumination of this ice fishing rod would be visible at dusk or just before and increase in intensity as the light from the sun dissipated. The bite indication sensitivity of this rod would be so sensitive that if you were to hold this rod in your hand while fishing you would not be able to hold it still enough for this bite indicating movement of the light inside the rod to not show the movement of your hand no matter how hard you tried. But this bite indication would allow for the intensity of the bite to be shown by the movement of the light inside the ice fishing rod. I mean ultra sensitive bite indication like nothing that has been built ever before for ice night fishing. This rod will use batteries and two AAA type batteries will keep this ice rod illuminated for over 48 hours continuously if left in the on position. The bottom line would be the price of this rod. Would you feel as though this type of rod would sell in large numbers and would sell large numbers for a retail cost of $20.00 to $25.00 dollars?

I am really interested in input on this subject because I can make this happen and would love to do it.

I have mentioned ice fishing rods on this forum before but this would have been in reference to a different type of ice fishing rod.

I thank you for your time and any information you would be able to supply,

Wylie Wiggins
[signature]
[Smile]I'll take 2 please !
[signature]
Whylie,
I definatly like the concept of your rods! The Thought of fishing with one at night is a great one for the hearing impaired angler. The bell system is OK, but for someone that has a hearing problem your rods are the answer to alow them to fish at night!
I had a look at your web site at: http://www.wylierods.com/ and found some great info and pic,s of your great work.
Now for your question about a lighted fishing rod for the ice, I'm not sure that I personaly would want to be on the ice at night due to the night time temps. In my younger years and before my disabuility I would have jumped on this rod the day I saw it!
I do expect to be contacting you in the future to purchas one of your rods for next summer.
Buy the way I want to congradulate you on your pattent and awards for your product![Smile]
[signature]

Thanks you guys for the kind words and interest in my product.Wow![Smile] That was a really nice reply. I completely understand about the cold, I am a California boy that spent a year in Missouri and I just don't deal with even that kind of cold very well.
Things are kind of swinging to a warmer water rod series first if I can swing them. I just finished a rod for this manufacturer that may just be able to hook me up. I have been working on competing with off the shelf rods and this may just get me close. As for the ice rods I have to look into the response of a hollow rod blank most of the ice rods are a solid blank construction. To tell the truth if the hollow rod blanks go over okay I have a cheaper rod designed. I have been working on getting it into stores through a another company and they seem to think that $9.99 should be the goal price for the low end rods.
Well let me know when your ready for something in a laser fishing rod and I will get you setup.

Tight lines to all and to all a good fight.[Wink]
[signature]