Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're Here, TARPON That IS!!
The air temperature has come down a bit and we've had a few mild fronts come through. This equates to the beginning of the winter season. That means sails and kings offshore, some dolphin still mixed in with them and inshore it means TARPON. Afternoon/evening trips are the way to go if you want the best of both worlds. That's exactly what Jeff and John did on Friday. During the offshore portion of the trip in the Haulover area, we caught kingfish, a shark, and had a mystery fish grab a bait, pop the release, and let go before we could get to the rod. The tarpon portion of the trip had to be cut short due to a busy schedule by my two anglers. On the first drift, John learned about the other fish that might grab a bait, when he caught a blue runner. Talk about your swordfish bait. The next drift, the clicker screamed as a tarpon ripped line off the reel. The action lasted about 10 seconds before the hook pulled and left John almost breathless. I could tell from his reaction that he was hooked on tarpon fishing. Two more drifts and two baits knocked off the hook by smaller non-tarpon type fish. At 7 PM, we had to get back to Spinnaker Marina so they could make their commitment. Despite the fact that we went 0/1 on tarpon, the encouraging news is that the fish are in the Haulover area and are feeding.

Last night we fished for gogs in preparation for an upcoming Billfish Tournament. They ate real good for our first three drifts and we now have plenty of bait caged and ready for the tournament.

We found a problem with the contact page of my website. The problem has been fixed and the page is now working correctly. I apologize to those who encountered this problem. Please contact me again with your request and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

The Holidays are getting much closer, so don't forget that angler on your list. Get them a gift certificate or book a date for them. Speaking of bookings, dates are beginning to fill in, call 305 620-5896 or email nkostyo@bellsouth.net to schedule your trip. Don't miss out on the great fishing that South Florida has to offer.

It's time to go fishing, see ya out there.

Captain Dave Kostyo
Knot Nancy Fishing Charters
305 620-5896 Charter
305 732-2628 Beeper
305 965-9454 Cell
www.knotnancy.com
nkostyo@bellsouth.net
[signature]