Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did a little fishing this weekend
i did a little fishing this weekend , the water was up from the snow runoff .
i hit the cedar river below beaverton , not much action other than some remaining big hungry fish . i lost about 50 yards of line and a few spinners , all on fish, really big fish .
about every 15 or 20 casts , wham , zing, zing , zing , out would go the line , maybe a big pike ,a muskey, or hopefully a big old brown . i wasen't keeping any fish , just needed some time on the river to regain a little bit of myself that work and all the comitments i have seem to deplenish from my sole .
yea, this is the season of giving , give something back to yourself thou . take just a few hours out for yourself , grab a pole and do a little fishing .
i'm still wondering what kind of fish peeled my line out .

i saw this report from the east side for you guys needing some big fish action of your own .

Fishing Report

by Rick Asmus

Steelhead fishing is excellent . . .

Karen of The Dam Store at Footesite said that the steelhead fishing is excellent right now and has been for the last week.

Rick of All Seasons in Tawas said that lots of whitefish are being caught off of the state dock in East Tawas and there are also some steelhead and browns being taken as well.

Rick of Wellmans in Oscoda reports very good fishing off of the Oscoda piers for whitefish especially in the early morning and on overcast days. He added that there has been plenty of steelhead action in the lower AuSable River as well.

Helen of The M-55 Bait Shop in the Whittemore-Hale area reports some decent perch fishing in the Pine River but the fish are running small to medium in size.
[signature]