Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield with my 3 yr. old 12-17

I had a few hours this afternoon, and mommy was under the weather, so daddy got to take his "little fisher(wo)man" on an outing. We went up to Scofield . I found a sledding hill nearby for additional entertainment. These trips are great fun for both daddy and daughter but serious fishing is markedly reduced. Nevertheless, Scofield still cooperated for us. The bite was steady on mealworms, and they cleaned me out of a container. I didn't count but we caught lots of the smaller planters and some bigger ones in about 2 1/2 hours of part fishing, part sledding, part play. Kept a 15 and a 16er for dinner and released a couple close to them in size, including a nice cutt. Ice was 12 inches, water 15 feet. I was informed at 4:00 it was "time to go home to mommy" so we left. Good luck to all this weekend, and merry Christmas to all also.
[signature]
[cool]That sounds like a fun outing, doggonefishin! I've got a little 8 month old that I'm taking out tomorrow (j/k)[Tongue] Seriously though, I hope to have days like that with her when she's about 3 or 4. Do you have an ice shack, or was she a good little trooper out on the open ice??
[signature]
Great report.

Glad you had a great time with your daughter and it sounds like it was a blast for her also. I might be wrong in thinking fishing is a lot like Christmas morning, but for me theres nothing like viewing Xmas or fishin' through a childs eyes because both seems to stimulate about the same amont of excitement.

Have a great Holiday season..
[signature]
Great report!!
I've done a lot of things, seen a lot etc.etc.etc....
My favorite picture, in a busy life of memorys, is my daughter at about 8 with sun burned cheeks and an old orange kapok vest proudly holding a bluegill for the camera.
Y'all got some goooood things comin'.
pop
[signature]
Nice report. I'm headed up tomorrow with my 8 and 5 year old kids to do a little fishing and I'm sure a little sleding after. Hope we get into them like we did 2 weeks ago.

Bigcat
[signature]