Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 12-19-04
I was invited to spend the afternoon fishing at Strawberry. We arrived at the Lake around 12:00 noon. Drilled Our first holes @12:30. Saw a few fish but, they didnt want to bite. So we moved twice more till we found a spot that was biting. We Stopped counting After catching 24 Cutts. We ran out of minnows Just after sundown. All the fish were Over 19" except 2. We ran into another BFTer up there. Do any of You recognize the Guy in the untitled photo?? Hahaha. It was A Great Day to be on the Lake. & I had Great Company, Thanks Don
[signature]
Sounds like everyone that hit the Berry this weekend caught some nice cutts, thanks for the report and nice fish. Was that Hellsangler in the untitled photo?
[signature]

Great report and pictures, Thanks...
Yep , that was me in that pic . It was great to meet you and Don . Glad to see the fishing picked up too. After I left to find some rainbows , I broke my starting rope so I was stuck with fishing with the holes I already punched . The cutts moved thru and It was fish after fish until the minnows were gone . Never fished minnows much before , but I am hooked now .
[signature]
Minnows are a great choice with early ice because the fish are still eating aggressively. In a few weeks smaller offerings are typically a better choice than are minnows.
[signature]
Your quite welcome and I'm glad you had a good time. It was great to spend the day watching you catch all the fish. You'll have to teach me your secret sometime!

H/A... It was also great running into you. I'm glad the M's did a number on the Cutts for you also. To bad about the pull rope. Easy fix tho', I had to replace the rope on my Mag III a couple years back after it gave way at FL in March as I recall.

Pat.. I'm guilty as charged, but again you forgot to mention "and damn proud of it!" HA!
[signature]
Nice Report,
I want to head up to strawberry next week. Is the whole res. frozen?? Where did you fish ???? How do you rig your minnows ??
I am just full of questions. Looks like you had fun.

Thanks
[signature]
great report and pictures.
we are heading that way the day after christmas. were you by chicken creek east.
we might go to the soldier creek side.
[signature]
It was Good to meet You. I'm sorry to hear about Your Starter rope though. It wouldn't take much to fix it. Glad to hear you had luck the minnows.
[signature]
Hey T.D., I had a Blast Pulling those fish through the ice!. You cant say much about my choice of fishin buddies? Oh Come on! LOL Yeah Right [sly].

Coldfooter, Thanks again!, I Didnt catch All The fish. Ok, I'll tell You my secret, But!, You'll have to take me fishing again!

Luckybob, I did have fun Thanks. I'm sorry but, I really dont know if the whole res. is frozen.& all I did with the minnows was to run the hook up through the jaw & out the top of the head.

ironworker, I'm not familiar with the res. Sorry to sound stupid but, LOL I'm not sure where I was. I only know that there was ice & I as having a great time catching the fish!.
[signature]