Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repainting a lure.
ok you have a lure that dont seem to be the right color but you know it could work. well save a bit of money and repaint it the color you need. first you need to decide if your going to keep the old color on and paint over it? or sand it off? "one thing to know most people try using a paint thinner to take it off but if the lure is plastic lots of time the thinner will eat part of your lure and mess up the action" fist to know when your ready to start to paint is how to do it. an air brush or by hand? both work great. just remeber on both just to take your time. you can use lots of kind of paint from auto paint, model enamal,to out door paints. make sure you have a good idea oh how you want it to look.

you need to make a base coat "I like to use white" then put your first color on. let that dry good then put a clear coat on and let that dry good. "if your are going to use just one color put 2 more clear coats on then your done" I like the looks of the clear coat between all the colors it make it look better. then add your next color and clear coat. when your done to make it last you can put on a 2 part epoxy like flex coat "used for making fishing poles" or a clear 5 ton epoxy you can get at a hardware stop. just make sure you have a few coats of clear paint on before the epoxy or it will discolor it a bit.
If you need help and dont want anyone to know you can PM me and I'll try or can send you to someone that know if I don't. I'll try and get some pics up in a few day showing how it looks
[signature]
thanks norm this is some good stuff[cool]
[signature]