Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 12/24
Fished Strawberry today with Bigfishrule. Weather was about 55 degrees sun was shining bright and there was no wind -- it was gorgeous. I managed to get 8 on the ice and I believe John managed to land 16 (yes I got my butt kicked!). We probably managed to hook at most 10% of our bites. I lost three or four at the hole, and John lost a few also. All cutts were in the slot - most on the upper end of it. The bites were steady most of the day (got there about 7:45 AM and left at 2:00 PM). Anything tipped with a whole or piece of minnow was working. I caught most of mine on a Nils lure (similar to a Jigging Rapala). Ice was about 4 inches thick and we fished in 22 1/2 feet of water. I lost a cutt at the hole that was over 25" and John caught a beautiful rainbow (only one we caught) that went 23 inches and weighed at least five pounds. Here is a picture of John's rainbow, which may also show you where we were fishing.
[inline "Dc5 (Custom).JPG"]

John, it was a pleasure to meet you and spend a few hours on the ice with you.
[signature]
Quote: "Strawberry today 55 degrees"[:/]

It felt a little colder that that Kent.
Thats a nice rainbow. You guys really got into them today. Great report.
[signature]
Nice report Kent, were the fish biting lite today? Were there a lot of other people on the ice today?
[signature]
Nice Bow !!! That is what I like . Looks like you are in Badge Bay . Good to here it is iced up . May hit it early in the morning hours tomorrow . Was it really 55 degrees . LOL
[signature]
There were probably about 25 people or so fishing around that large area. Yes it was at least 55 degrees inside of my ice shack (without even turning on the heater) and there was also little wind (in the ice shack) -- outside of the shack it was downright miserable.

Most of the fish were biting quite aggressively, and would also come back multiple times. Despite that I really struggled to hook them. I had a little better luck when I switched to a lure that has a large head on it, and has a stinger hook tied onto it (made special for fishing with minnows).
[signature]
sure looked better then yesterday and i hope the weather keeps up (nice) that is until after sunday please santa i want a great fishing day on sunday please
[signature]
great report
nice bow. glad to hear about the steady bite on minnows.
going to soldier creek side on sunday and fishing with minnows for the first time through the ice. should be fun
[signature]
Kent thanks for the invite the other day and for the use of the minnows. As Kent mention we might of had 100 bites between us but we were having a hard time putting the fish on the ice. I think the longest we went between bites was 10 minutes. Ice was about 5 inches of solid ice.

John
[signature]
Nice fish Dude . Really nice fish . When I go to the Berry and want to hook bows and when I went to Scofield all I wanted was to hook a cutt . I am all messed up .
[signature]
Looks like it was a great day! Thanks for the report Kent. You've got to stop being nice to your guests though[Wink] Merry Christmas.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Kent. Sounds like a great day at the berry. That is a nice bow! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll get to fish again till the Saturday after New Years.[Sad] Have fun tomorrow those of you that are going out!
[signature]