Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12-27-04
Took the kids up to Strawberry today. By the time we got everything together and on the road we were a couple of hours late and didn't get fishing until after noon. Fishing was slow for the first couple of hours but picked up later on. Most of the fish that came on the screen were aggressive feeders, it was more a matter of how often one came around. We were getting a fish about every ten minutes once it picked up and we were still getting fish until we left sometime after 5. Green Boogers tipped with a piece of worm were the hot lure for the day. The ice was slick with very little snow on top which made getting around a bit tricky but it was cool watching your fish swim around under the hole. All the fish were Cutts, most around 19" and the biggest a 21 incher that my 8 year old son caught. The best hole was in 18' of water and we were just out from the ramp at the Marina. Don't have any pics since my batteries were dead in the camera.

FM
[signature]
We fished just north of you. We started at 8:00 and fished till 2:30. I caught 8, and my son caught 4. All in the upper slot. You're right most fish that showed on the flasher were interested in a hit or two. Not real fast but still a good day on the ice. Today was the first time I had ever caught a fish at Strawberry. Tried soft and hard water once before without any luck. Changed that today. Thanks to everyone for the tips. Picked up some red shiner minnows at Sportsman's on the way home. Can hardly wait to give them a try tomorrow. Hope the storm stalls till the afternoon. We're taking about 20 kids, and 10 adults up to fish tomorrow. Fair warning everyone...

Chester
[signature]
Great report. Thanks for the info............
[signature]
i fished mud creek on sunday, and the fishing was very slow.. we got there at 8 and left at 430 and it was horrible! we fished in a group of 8 and only landed 9 fish!!! used everything in the box
[signature]
Chester-
So you and your marcum fished next to your son and his vexilar and you outfished him 2 to 1. So was that the fisherman or the marcum that worked so well???
[signature]
Lately I have been out fishing him without any finder. Can't explain that either. (today was first day with mine) Some days are just like that. Historically he has schools me almost every trip. A couple of his friends showed up today. (One was on crutches) After that his head just wasn't into fishing. Off to the marina for food, snowball fights... Oh well, he's getting tired of fishing. Guess I'll have to recruit someone else.

I do like my MarCum better than his Vex, but I probably better avoid that topic or we will have another "finder" discussion that no one can win.

Well tomorrow is another day. I will report if anything of interest occurs.

Chester
[signature]