Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center]Hi from Southern Maryland! We fish from aboard my boyfriend's Trojan 31 ft. cabin cruiser, so that makes me (in this case, anyway) female! Great boat...good wood [Smile]. We fish alot, and YES, I bait my own hooks and even take most fish off my own hooks (blues and toads are the exception cause they have chompers). Oh, and if I am honest, the deep throaters and the ones that require yanking out of eyeballs....those I tend to pass off to those who's feelings are less easily hurt. I have long since overcome my fear of the ejaculatory "thingy" on bloodworms. So, anyway, for my fishing report....we fish the Lower Patuxent River out of Calvert County and just about everything is running right now. Croakers, Blue, Trout (weakfish), Spot and the coveted Rockfish. Diehard Rockfishermen are holding off a bit to give the blues time to leave town, as they can wreak havoc on those white rubbery "thingys" that you hook to your umbrella rigs...Run through a school of blues and it can cost you. But for now, bottom fishing is great! We have been out several times last week, and I caught a 24" weakfish (that is citation and patch worthy!). Now, I have to admit, we had lost our net a few days before, so my boyfriend did have to literally hang himself over the boat, legs sticking just barely inside the boat, and manually catch the fish by the gills and bring him aboard, but we got him and I have to share the glory. We also caught a 22" weakfish that night. Spot are grown up now, and it is very easy to catch at least citation size (10") right and left. Throw out some bloodworms, catch some good eating spot, but keep the small ones to put on your steel leaders and throw the cut bait out and keep your eye on the rod for that little tug! Blues hit hard at times, then keep an eye out for slack in your line....they "wander". Being good fighters, they surface alot and fight you. Also, they tangle your lines up but our policy is to get the catch in and worry about the lines later[Wink]. A good surprise is a nice trout...they don't surface during the reeling in like blues do. And the trout (weakfish) will also bite on your bloodworms. Oh, and we also caught a couple of red drumfish last week, none keepers, but drumfish nonetheless. We fish over on the St. Mary's county shoreline, close to the helicopter hangers of the base over there. Don't get too close, though! There are restrictions and these days, I would not want to be the one caught fishing too close to any Naval base. So have fun, fish responsibly. Oh, and expensive as bloodworms are, don't worry if your worm looks totally water-logged and you have to re-thread it on your hook. They bite anyway! One other thing, and then I will shut up. Last week, we caught a blue and as my boyfriend was removing it from the hook, he had ahold of it's belly and out popped a complete 1/2 of a crab. And then a day or two later, he caught a trout, and it seemed so firmly hooked (they have soft mouths), we were puzzled as to why he had a hard time getting it off the hook....mystery was solved when we got the trout off only to find that he had never bitten or been hooked by the hook at all!!! He had swallowed a little spot who had apparently been hooked for some time...so we caught doubles!

Have fun, bring a net, throw back the little ones, and make sure the running lights are on!

Belinda
[signature]
[size 1]Belinda GREAT REPORT[/size] I have on many ocation cought two fish on a leader with 2 hooks on it and only once have I cought 2 fish on the same hook at the same time, Mine was a small gill and a great big largmouth bass.

[size 1]Huges dont for get to join in the membership and log in before you make your fish report there is always the chance that your report or any one elses report could win a gift certificate here at the bigfishtackle superstore[/size]
[signature]
Belinda,

Congratulations on your win.
[signature]
Dave,

Thanks for the concern. I think I'm automatically logged in when I come to this site. It says, Hi Tom_Hughes.
[signature]