Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altaelva, Norway. What expected to be a seatrout, a huge salmon took the fly
September 15, a dark, rainy day, the last day of fishing sea trout in Altaelva Norway I was wading in the river, fishing for sea trout, with my G Loomis Trilogy 10' 7# with a very little (12 size) doublehook (YellowTorris wet fly) on the end of the 0,28 mm line. My hands began to be very cold and I decided to take a break from the fishing and take some black coffee from my backpack, and so I did. After a while I moved about 400 meters upstream, to a pool called "Tippen". After some cast the line were totally immovable, and I supposed that the fly had fastened to the bottom, but how could it be, because the pool was to deep and the stream to fast. I took up the slack and tried to loosen the fly from the "bottom" and then, buuuuuum things began to happen very fast. The salmon raced downstream and the backing line began to run out of the reel very quickly. I had to react and start running after the fish in order to save, at least, my fishing gear. 300 meters downwards the fish stopped, but the salmon refused to budge from its place in the river. Back and forth and so on, the salmon struggled for his existence and he offered stout resistance, but little by little the salmon strength was fading away and so were my arms. At last, after about 1 hour, the brave salmon yielded and sideways came to the shore. I carefully loosened the hook from his jaw, measured of length was 114 cm, about 17 kg and put the fish back to the river. I have not a picture from that fishing trip, but an another one, from another day in the Altariver, enclosed.[img]D:\mine dokumenter\detsika2.jpg[/img]
[signature]
now thats a good way to spend the day . i didn't get your photo , how's the fishing over there ?
[signature]