Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Fish On Topwater
John B. and I climbed aboard Capt. John Deering’s 23’ Parker 2300 SE at 10:30 on Saturday, October 12, 2002, to fish for whatever was biting. It started out somewhat slow, but after running across the Chesapeake Bay to the Eastern Shore, thing changed.

[Image: ACF908.jpg]

John B. sighted a small flock of seagulls diving on breaking fish. When we motored just outside the flock, Capt. John began catching some nice size bluefish on topwater. John B. was also catching them just under the surface with soft plastic baits and I was bouncing a spoon off the bottom catching nothing.

[Image: ACF910.jpg]

I quickly changed to a 5” assassin and joined the party.

It was a great outing on the Bay with 2 outstanding anglers. Thanks Capt. John for asking me to join your party.

Equipment:
Light tackle spinning equipment spooled with non-stretch line

Most Productive Technique:
Pop & Stop - Cast the lure, pop it three times swiftly, and stop popping for 1/2 second. Repeat this again and again, until the lure is back at the boat. Vary the speed, between pops, until the fish start taking the lure.

Other Productive Lures:

[Image: ACF90B.jpg]

Fishing Tip: (Thanks to Capt. Deering)
Attach a plastic bottle to your Boga Grip and it will float.

[Image: 100-0041_IMG.JPG]
[signature]
Hello Tom,

Incredible report! Thank you for all the great photos!

Top water fishing has got to be one of my favorite types of fishing! The rush I get when the fish breaks the water and hits my lure is one of my all time favorites!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator