Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabo or Costa???
We are planning a group trip for next year and are Undecided between Cabo or Costa Rica . . .

Anyone out there been to both of these places? If so, what was your preference? Any ideas on who to contact and where to stay??

Appreciate any input.
Tight lines,
Pat
Texas Lady Anglers
[signature]
Mmmm, I'd say it all depends on what type of fish you're planning on targeting, what time of year you're going, and how many people you have going with you. Personally, if you are wanting billfish, I wouldn't consider Cabo or Costa Rica. The Micronesia Islands in the south pacific are the center of the universe when it comes to offshore big game fishing. However, if you want more diversity in your fishing trip, and going for just the big bill fish doesn't get your rocks off, i'd have to go with Cabo. Also, you might want to consider Los Cabos, Mexico. Also, Walkers Cay. For inshore species, i'd go with southern florida, anywhere close to the everglades. If you have a large group going, and want to keep everyone together on your endevors, stay away from islands. That's just my opinion mind you. Keeping large groups together requires fishing on a party boat obviously, you can't get 30 people on a 40 foot sportfisher. And the super deep water that usually surrounds islands hinders diversity in species. There are alot of things to consider when planning a trip. I'm shure you've figured that out. [laugh] Do you want to cator more to the night life, or, do you want to lean more toward the quality of fishing. Or, do you want a happy medium? I'd say happy medium. So, with that in mind, and if you're not willing to budge on either Cabo or Costa, i'd say Cabo. If you're willing to change up a bit, i'd say you're best bet is Los Cabos, Mexico. Good luck on your trip, I hope I was able to help. Oh, and don't forget, the internet is your friend, decide exactly what you're looking for and compare those places online. Look them up, do your research, right down to the price differences. You'll be glad you did.
[signature]
Thanks so much for all of this great info . . . we're pricing Los Cabos . . . sounds like a blast!!!

My dream trip is to go to Venezuela and catch some Peacock Bass . . . if only Chavez would chill out - - he's ruining tourism down there!!!

Thanks again
[signature]
Depending on what you would like to fish for...

Costa Rica: sailfish, sailfish,sailfish....
Pro's- Very quaint setting, if that's what you like
Cons- IMO, all the capt's seem to want to catch is sailfish.

Cabo: marlin, sailfish, tuna, dorado...
Pro's- Variety of fishing options
Cons- VERY TOURISTY.

Here's a third option-
The East Cape (50 north of cabo on the sea of cortez side)
It's like what Cabo used to be like 20 years ago. Very quaint, but the fishing is much better here than in Cabo.
Last year, 2 days fishing(4 marlin to 200#, 4 roosterfish to 65#, 25 yellowfin tuna to 80# +countless lost fish, 2 dorado to 40#)
5 days, 4 nights, 2 days fishing around $500.

Best deal in Mexico!!!!!!
Check out this website
bajaresorts.com or casstours.com

Hope this helps!

Jerry
[url "http://www.rodandrealty.net/"]www.rodandrealty.net[/url]
[signature]