Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Aransas Weekly Pic's!!!! and fishing Report.
This post will be added to weekly with local pic's from Port Aransas!

MIXED CATCH!!!
[image]www.portasouthjetty.com/images/deepsea1.jpg[/image]

A variety of amberjack, red snapper, shark, dorado and barracuda.

A NICE CATCH!
[image]www.portasouthjetty.com/images/butch.jpg[/image]

These happy anglers, from left, Mike Gallardo, Michael Gallardo, William Yelland and Nick Gonzales, all from Leander, made this nice catch of red snapper and shark. Biggest snapper caught weighed 21 pounds.

TWENTY DAYS OF DINNER!!!!!
[image]www.portasouthjetty.com/images/rochester.jpg[/image]

Using dead shrimp for bait in the South Bay, these visiting anglers caught many delicious dinners disguised as 20 black drum on Oct. 14. The anglers, from left, Bobby Morgan fromTulsa, Okla., Danny Dunbar and Sheila Major, both from Pittsburg, Kan.

COOLER WEATHER HELPS THE CATCH!

Fishing and catching just continue to get better and better in Port Aransas.
The weather cooled off and made fishing much more pleasant, according to all reports.
"It was another great week of fishing,"
Some nice big yellowfin tuna came in, the largest weighing 186 pounds, but most weighing about 100 pounds.
A few blackfin tuna are showing up, some big amberjack, weighing between 60 and 80 pounds and limits of red snapper, many weighing 25 to 30 pounds.
Even a few kingfish were caught as were some ling and grouper.
"Several big blacktip shark are coming in nearly every day last week,".
Fisherman’s Wharf says anglers are catching a good amount of big sized red snapper on the long trips.
On the shorter trips, they are catching all species of snapper, triggerfish, amberjack and ling, he added.
Dolphin Dock Inc. reports the safari (longer) trips are coming back with a lot of yellowfin and blackfin tuna. The yellowfins weigh 50 pounds plus.
They’re also bringing in red snapper, shark and kingfish as well as amberjack, grouper, ling, dorado and barracuda.
"They’re getting some of just about everything on those trips,".
On the day trips anglers are coming back with snapper, amberjack, shark and barracuda.
"The weather has been wonderful. I even think the cool front helped things."
The snapper are still biting well with limits for nearly everyone on most of the trips. Anglers are also catching nice dorado, good-sized ling and lots of shark.
The 12-hour trips are running in to tuna, so they are on the way.
Fishing is still "real good,"
Redfish are available on the surf side of the north jetty.
The north jetty saw anglers bringing in limits of "slot" reds, those which are keeper size in the 20 to 28 inch range.
Also caught are flounder, snook, mangrove snapper and croaker.
On Oct. 15, one of the north jetty fishermen came back mid-morning with his limit of redfish.[Smile]
[signature]
AWESOME REPORT! THANK YOU! As you know I'm not in Texas but do apreciate the great reading!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Phillip T,
Welcome to the board. Thank you for your comment and I also did question as you have about a snook off of the jetties. I originaly got the information from the local newspaper. Before I posted this I contacted Mike Rogers at Woody’s Sports Center as he was the person that reported the catch. He did conferm that a single snook was caught off of the surf side of the south jettie on the morning of the 13th. He stated that on a morning walk on the south jettie he actualy saw the snook brought in. Beleave what you may but when it comes to honisty and proper identification, Mike is one of the best around. If you are still not convinced then give Woody's Sports Center a call and ask for Mike.
Could I get you to register (it is free) and you will be able to recieve instant emails notifying you when ever one of your posts recieves a reply. There are alot of other advantages too!
By registering and posting in the fishing reports boards you are also automatically entered in the weekly Fishing Reports Contest to win great prizes!
[signature]