Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop Gear
I have been making pop gear lately. It looked as though it might be difficult but turns out to be very easy. Pair of needle nose pliers,board with a nail in one end,sharpee to mark on the board.
Any body else been makeing their own.
[inline "pop gear.jpg"]
[signature]
Do they take very long to assemble? How about cost? Sure looks cool.[cool]
[signature]
Once you get your parts and pieces laid out it only takes about 4 to 5 minutes to assemble one. Depending what you put on one they only cost 3 or 4 dollars a piece as opposed to 10 in a store.
[signature]
I've tied my own flies for years. I just started making my own spinners (my 7 yr old loves helping with those and is creating her own "line") and I have been wondering about making pop gear too.
I'm anxious to know how well they work. Keep us informed.
[signature]
every bit as good as a store bought. I think a youngster would have fun stringing them up.
[signature]
Did you cut those metal keels yourself?
Do you like tem better then plastic?
I've never seen pop gear with those little propellors before.(prop gear?) Do you like how they effect the action of the unit?
Hope you don't mind all the detail questions.
[signature]
All the componants are readly available at tackle stores. The propellers are just one of the things you can do to customize your own. They were very effective at Strawberry this year.
[signature]
I give up
What is a [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] Pop Gear?[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Pop gear is used for trolling. Attach it on the line then trail a lure behind it. It helps attract fish to your lure.
[signature]
Ive also heard them refered to as trolls by some people. Hope that helps. Whatever you call them theyre good stuff.
[signature]
Like a FLASHER ???
Anyone got pictures?
[signature]
Click on the attatchment at the bottom of my 1st post.
[signature]
Those work similar to a flasher. The only thing is that a flasher is meant to collect more light from deeper depths of water.[cool]
[signature]