Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingfish Action Slowed Down Today
[font "Arial"][size 2][font "Arial"][size 2][cool]Today's action was a bit slower than yesterday. Once again slow trolling live baits seemed to be the way to get strikes. Yesterday, about 70% of our action came on the downrigger. Today it was 100%. The outfit I am using on my downrigger is spooled with the new Cajun red line (12#) from Shakespeare. Red is the first color of the spectrum that disappears (at about 6') as you go deeper in the water column. There is a saying that elephants eat peanuts. It definitely applied for the past 2 days. Every fish that we caught was on small pilchards. Large pilchards got no action and large herring didn't fair to much better. As I said earlier, the action today (half day trip) was a bit slower. We caught kingfish of 8 & 20 pounds and missed 4 other strikes. Our first fish was south of the sea buoy (115') and the 20 pounder came in 130' off the middle of the trees on Key Biscayne. There was good blue water in to about 125'. Inside of that was green water and no current. The further north you went the further out the blue water went. Tomorrow, I'm off to Marco for some more wade fishing. Stay tuned.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Captain Dave Kostyo[/size][/font] Knot Nancy Fishing Charters 305 620-5896 Charter 305 732-2628 Beeper [url "http://www.knotnancy.com"][#800080]www.knotnancy.com[/#800080][/url] [url "mailto:nkostyo@bellsouth.net"][#0000ff]nkostyo@bellsouth.net[/#0000ff][/url][/size][/font]
[signature]