Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padre Island & Bob Hall Pier, A great combination!!!!
Bob Hall Pier is located in the Padre Balli Park. Bob Hall is considered by many to be the best fishing pier in Texas. The pier is 1240 ft. long, and is lighted for great night fishing! The Store/ Restaurant carries a wide selection of items. Rod and reel rentals, bait, tackle, and many souvenirs such as Bob Hall Caps, and T-shirts. The restaurant is known for their great Hamburgers, and Chicken Sandwiches

This park on the north end of Padre Island is situated on 374.5 acres. On the beach you will find covered picnic tables, and in the summer months lifeguards are on duty in this portion of the park. Across the street from the beach you will find restrooms and rinse-off showers. There are 66 paved camp sites with water and electric hookups. Primitive camping is also permitted on the beach.

[image]www.bobhallpier.com/016_16.jpg[/image]

A DAY AT BOB HALL !!!

For the past 6 or 7 days the pier reports big bull reds and some keeper reds. Some, gafftop, black tip shark, Spanish mackerel and whiting are also being reported. Cut bait is the bait being most used.

Make sure you know the limits for your fish!

All shark have to be 2' and only one a day.

For all Size and bag limits check this link:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/guide/bag_size.htm

For current pier weather conditions check this link:
http://dnr.cbi.tamucc.edu/overview/014
[signature]
that goes to show you how much I know.I thought I had been all over Padre Island and I have never seen nor heard of Bob Hall pier.Can you give directions on how to get there?
[signature]
thegame,
You have been missing alot!
We have got to get you some info here and fast! First is directions.
If you come on the island by way of the causway bridge on S Padre Island Dr, it is also Park Rd 22. Follow it south, when you get to the north turn off to head up to Port Aransas, go strait. Just under 2 miles past that intersection you will find the entrance to Padre Bali Park on your left. Take that road to the beach and BobHall pier!
Here is a link to the Bob Hall Pier web site: http://www.bobhallpier.com/[cool]
Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think.
I remember when it was a wooden pier and it was longer too![Smile]
[signature]
No wonder I'd never heard of it.I looked on the map and Bob Hall Peir is like on North Padre Island.
[signature]
Yep it is right out of Corpus Christi. There is some great fishing up there. I have a big feeling you are down in the Port Isabel area. If you get the chance and can make it up there give it a try! How is things down your way?
[signature]
Yes I am speaking of the Port Isabel area.Things are slow to me down here.The big fall fish turn on has just not happened for me.I was wearing the flounder out back in june and july along the drop off in the ship canal.That has really slowed down sinse the cool spells blew in.The only thing I can see a change in is ladyfish.They will drive you nuts while trying to catch a good fish.I have caught a few small reds and a few specks lately but nothing like everyone says the fall season is to be.We hang some nice fish down here in the dead of winter, when you can hardly find live shrimp, by the long island swing bridge,at night. We don't get many of them in because it seems you have to use light line to get good bites.They head for under the bridge as soon as you hook them.Most of the ones we get in are big snook and trout with a few reds.I have been bass fishing in north east tex. for 35 years but salt water fishing is fairly new to me( about 1 1/2 years.)Until I find a motor for my boat, I will keep bank and wade fishing.Any advise is welcome.
[signature]
The reds are still runung good up north.

This is at Bob Hall: Nice bigred

[image]www.bobhallpier.com/Reports/reportsupdates/Scan0000.jpg[/image]

Here are some from the Port Aransas area this last week:

Limits of reds!

[image]pic4.picturetrail.com:80/VOL62/758720/1412205/16483568.jpg[/image]
These happy anglers went fishing on a morning trip and returned with limits of redfish. The fishermen, from left, Port Aransas guide Clark Miles, Clay Weeks of San Antonio, Art and Ralph Masters of Los Fresnos and Table Rock, Mo., and Keith McMullin of Port Aransas, caught the fish on dead shrimp in South Bay. They went fishing out of Woody's Sports Center, where they hung the catch.

Two dozen drum !

[image]pic4.picturetrail.com:80/VOL62/758720/1412205/16483939.jpg[/image]

These anglers, from left, Gene and Billie Rahmberg of San Antonio and Pat and Richard Minton of Moore, Okla., went fishing with Capt. Mark Rochester and caught 24 black drum. They were fishing in the South Bay, using live shrimp. After the trip, they weighed in at Deep Sea Headquarters.

Right now the bait you use determans what you catch. Going for them reds trys cut bait or ded shrimp.
[signature]