Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Lake 10/27
Fished Corona Lake today for the first time in four years. Too much time to burn between a morning crew meeting and the start of the World Series so I decided to go fishing. Called the lake to check on the availability of rental boats and talked to (who I would later learn was) RVWITT, who assured me that there were plenty of boats to be had. On the water by 10:00, off with a limit by 1:00. Hot tip was to fish a nightcrawler three feet under a bobber, and douse it with Crave. I am partial to half a worm, so that's what I used. Seemed that the head end worked much better than the tail end and got harder strikes. I saw a lot of people catching fish, mostly from boats.

My Tongue-in-cheek comment to the dock hand was that the sheriff should be called, because someone took half the lake. This lake is LLLOOOWWW! I fished opposite the shore fishing and couldn't find more than ten feet of water. Water was in good shape though, slightly stained but relatively clean. In a nutshell: very nice day, relaxing diversion doing what I love to do more than anything else; fish. Nice to meet you, RVWITT! Thank you for the info.
[signature]
Hello Marley,

Thanks for the great report. Do you have any plans to make it out after the big stocking this Wends. I was thinking about hitting it for a morning session on Friday. If I do I liked running a set up on the bottom but I think I'll try the bobber on my other rod.

By the way did you give the web cam a whirl?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hello Marley,

I'm glad that you had fun when you where out here. You are right about the Lake being low.

I look forward to seeing you guys out here this weekend. I will be opening and I will be at the gate. so say Hi when you come in. A chocolate Eclair would be nice since I will not have time to stop and grab something till later. [Wink]

Just Kidding!
[signature]