Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking report, literally!
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center]Seems the fall salmon in Oregon this year just keep getting bigger and bigger, to the point that anglers may need to spend some time in the gym just to land these weighty fish. These monsters flowing from the Pacific this season that have tested angler's strength, bent and broken rods and made celebrities out of many average anglers who've supported these huge fish for cover photos on local news papers and magazines. Now, word of the first casualty for Oregon's big fish fiasco has been confirmed.

It seems, on October 27, a young angler in his early 20's had his arm broken by a large chinook salmon. The angler hooked the chinook in Hospital Hole on the lower Trask River and was attempting to land it when the fish, while making a furious trashing attempt to get away, snapped the bone in his arm like a ten dollar rod.

On the same day an angler fishing just below the guy who broke his arm, landed a nice bright 58-pound chinook salmon, several 28 to 49 pound fish were also caught. The big fish just keep a comin'.

Marilyn, owner of the Guide Shop in Tillamook, a local tackle supply store, said the young man came into her shop shortly after the incident, arm in cast, after receiving medical attention. "He stated that he broke his arm while fighting the fish," Marilyn said. "My staff asked him if he fell or ran into something while the fish was on but he said no, that he just got his arm twisted and positioned incorrectly while trying not to lose the fish. I've heard several fish stories over the years, but this is the first time I have ever heard of someone breaking an arm. However, I have seen and heard of several guys having heart attacks."

--- Rick Martin "The Local Fisherman News"
[signature]
Hello [size 1]OR.fishnews[/size],

Thank you for the great report! I guess if your gone to break an arm, that would be the way to do it!

Now if he still got the fish, that would be the ultimate angler!

P.S. great title to your post, it took a few minutes for me to get it (I guess its getting late) (LOL)
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator