Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marco Wade Fishing on FIRE!!
[font "Arial"][size 2][font "Arial"][size 2]Everyone dreams about the perfect fishing trip where the action is fast and furious all day long and at days end you are totally drained and exhausted. Today's Marco wade fishing trip was just one of those dream days. To say that the action was fantastic would be an understatement. In my last report on Marco fishing, I said that a coming cold front should liven up the action. The front dropped the temperature just a bit, but it was enough to really get the fish going.[cool][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]During the last of the outgoing tide, the action was consistent. Mostly jack crevalles, ladyfish, and seatrout. The biggest problem we had during this time was keeping a hook in the large ladyfish. No matter how we set up on the fish, it seemed like when it jumped, the jig would go flying.[crazy] No need to worry though, because there were so many ladyfish, all you needed to do was jig your rod a time or two and another fish grabbed your line.[laugh][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]When the tide changed and started coming in, the fish just went crazy. Massive schools of jack crevalle were chasing bait fish everywhere. It was just not one school, but up to half a dozen schools of jacks that sometimes were 20 yards wide by 30 yards deep. Every cast produced a fish. Sometimes as many as eleven casts in a row before you didn't hook a fish. Then you'd go six more casts. This went on and on for five hours. Spanish mackerel were sky rocketing all over the place while they were chasing baits. Working a spoon got use plenty of action on them. Underneath all this action, were the ladyfish. All you had to do was slow down your retrieve and they would attack your jig. At about an hour before sunset, the jack and mackerel action dropped off and the ladyfish took over. They continued until sunset. Then the action just stopped. Everything got quiet and still and if you weren't there to have experienced it, you wouldn't have known anything of that magnitude had taken placed.[Smile][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]It didn't matter what kind, style, or color of jig used, all you had to do was move it through the water. We used 4# spinning outfits and 2# and 4# tippet fly rods. There was just no way to keep track of how many fish we caught and released. Everyone was matching each other fish for fish. If I was pressed to put a number on our days catch, I would conservatively have to say close to 200 fish.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]The weather is holding, water temperatures are still comfortable, and obviously the fish are still cooperating. So, don't miss out on this opportunity there is still time to get in on this GREAT action. Give me a call and lets go catch some. [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Finally, as a reminder, I'll be at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show with Whitewater Boats on Thursday, October 31st. Then on Saturday and Sunday November 2nd & 3rd, I'll be with Shakespeare at the Florida Sportsman Show in Orlando. If you're at any of these events stop by and lets talk some fishing.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Captain Dave Kostyo[/size][/font] Knot Nancy Fishing Charter 305 620-5896 Charter 305 732-2628 Beeper [url "http://www.knotnancy.com"][#800080]www.knotnancy.com[/#800080][/url] [url "mailto:nkostyo@bellsouth.net"][#0000ff]nkostyo@bellsouth.net[/#0000ff][/url][/size][/font]
[signature]