Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report
[size 6][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay Area [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 6]Fishing Report[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Captain Charles Walker[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]11/3/02[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]More beautiful weather and lots of fish. I love it! The kingfish tournament at Indian Rocks Beach had some really nice sized fish weighed in over the weekend and lots of anglers not in the tournament caught lots of fish as well. We managed some nice keeper grouper and mangrove snapper this weekend in between all the tournament boats but bait was tough with 5 boats on every marker offshore all trying to catch bait at once. Give me week day fishing anytime over the weekend.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]On to the bait house reports:
Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 – Some nice snook have been caught in our area this week and some really nice sized cobia are still cruising the flats. Reds, sheepshead, black drum, and snook are biting well in the river.
Buddy’s Bait and Tackle on the Courteney Campbell Causeway in Tampa[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 813-287-1026 – Trout and reds are biting on the flats and sheepshead are coming in from the big bridge. Snook and sheepshead are biting at the floodgates. Some cobia are being caught in the area of the Causeway.
Trappman’s Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 727-579-1414- Mangrove snapper, sheepshead, pompano, and lots of big mullet are being caught around the end of the bridge. Reds and snook are really starting to bite well around the mangroves in this area. Fall fishing is really turning on!
Don’s Dock on Madeira Beach[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 727-391-3223- Just about any live bait thrown in the water is eaten fast from the Betty Rose and south. Big Spanish and king mackerel are in the area and the grouper are moving inshore.
Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Lots of big sheepshead and flounder are being caught off our gas dock this week. Our offshore boats are coming in with grouper, amberjack and a few blackfin tuna.
The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- Lots of kings are being caught this week. Most of them are really big. Some grouper, Spanish mackerel, mangrove snapper and sea bass are also being caught off both the north and south piers.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie’s fishing report on the Internet.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]If you want more information about fishing in the [/font][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at captchas@flfish.com or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: [url "http://www.floridasaltwater.com/"][#0000ff]http://www.floridasaltwater.com[/#0000ff][/url] .[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Good fishing and tight lines,[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Capt. Charlie[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]http://www.flfish.com[/font]
[signature]