Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 4-14
Started at 5:30 at painted rocks, 1 hour and zero zip nada fish. Went to dam side 15 mins later Had a nice 16" fatty on my line here he is:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9139;]

About 30 mins later ocean caught this nice 17" not quite as fat fatty, here she is:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9141;]

I tried all sorts of different spinners and spoon but the ticket was a silver and red dotted jakes lure, the fellers down the beach caught their only fish on one after ocean told them what i caught mine on.

If the wind hadnt been blowing all night it would have been great, the others claimed that it was cold it looked like i was fishing with a bunch of abomidable snowmen but I was warm with just an unziped coat.
[signature]
Nice catch F4F, this fish looks to be extremely well fed. Apparently the lake has some good nutrients and forage base. Looks like the the water level is still quite low.
[signature]
Those sure are some plump fish! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Great looking fish! Doug Miller was right about Yuba producing some good looking trout. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
fish- I talked to a guy in Tremonton Saturday evening who had just driven back from fishing Yuba today. He said he had a great time in spite of the long drive. He said the trout were very nice large ones. He had best luck out in the middle of the lake trolling down riggers at 30 to 35 feet deep. He said they hit rapalas and about everything he tried. His friend was using lead core sinking line and getting them about three colors out. Too bad it is such a long drive down there for me, but might be an excuse to visit my Mom near Fillmore and make a weekend trip out of it. Was the water clear, or getting murky from the run off? Acey

Life is fishing...the rest is just details.
[signature]
The water was a bit murkey, but the level is still a ways down. there was very little water comming into the lake, i figgure that they are filling otter creek, piute, and rocky ford first and then filling yuba last. I wish i had access to a boat i have read reports of better fishing from a boat as your friend has stated
[signature]
Me and the family have been catching those fat bows since last year.They are fun to catch.I am surprised Dougie didnt do a show about them last year.[Tongue]
[signature]