Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Fish...All Day Long (with pictures)
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 5]Non-Stop Catching...All Day Long[/size][/blue][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]The starting time of our fishing trip on the Upper Chesapeake Bay on Sunday, 11/03/02, was 6 AM. The air temperature was in the mid 30's so we decided to delay the start until 8 AM. On Friday, while locating fish in the Patapsco River, 4 drifts over one of my favorite outages rewarded me with 3 large striped bass that were quickly released. That was to be the 1st stop on the Sunday's trip.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[size 3][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]On the second drift over this outage a large striper was caught on a Bass Assassin, 7", albino assassin rigged on a 1-ounce shad jighead. This took some of the pressure off the guide as high-fives were in order.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]The lure pictured below was the most productive lure this trip. It's a Bass Assassin, 5", opening nite assassin rigged on a 1/2-ounce shad jighead.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: 102-0212_IMG.JPG][/font][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]Birds were diving on bait on the Patapsco River so the next stop would be out on the Upper Chesapeake Bay (exact location was up to the birds). If the striped bass were feeding in the tributary, they were doing the same on the Bay.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[size 3][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]On the way to 6 Foot Knoll, a large flock of birds were sighted diving on the water eating the remains of baitfish that had floated to the surface. From that time on, until 4PM, it was non-stop catching throughout the day. The striped bass were all healthy and hard fighting.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: 102-0208_IMG.JPG][/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][#000080]3[/#000080][/font][#000080][#000080] [/#000080]anglers caught over 250 stripers on light tackle, with 6 being keeper size. Locations fished were between the Patapsco River and the Bay Bridges on both the western and eastern shorelines. This trip will go down in my books as one of the best I've guided.[/#000080][/size]

[#000080][/#000080][size 3][/size]
[signature]
that sounds like work to me [sly]

great report.

I'd dare say after reeling in that many fish my arms would fall off....[cool]
[signature]
I get my non producitve days too, even over my favorite bucket can leave me fishless. on some days I couldnt even buy a fish lol.

on those days I am thankfull for Micky D's fish sandwiches [Tongue]
[signature]